Veterinary Surgeon Required At Kingsway Veterinary Group, Skipton Veterinary Hospital
2 months ago
Kingsway Veterinary Group
Skipton, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Are you looking for the opportunity to “create your dream role”? If so, then look no further!
Our progressive and friendly team here at Kingsway Veterinary Group are looking to welcome a Veterinary Surgeon to join us on a full-time basis. The role will include a good mix of consulting and operating with consultations being 15 minutes long. You will be joining an experienced and clinically strong team and be fully supported by multi-disciplinary certificate holders. Our staff have access to a wide range of specialists that run clinics in Kingsway. We refer a limited number of cases due to the expertise within the team so if you enjoy working up your own cases and seeing things through to completion this is the perfect opportunity for you. We understand that everyone’s situation is different. Therefore, we’re happy to consider all shift patterns, we’ll even offer flexibility with your duties. We’d even be happy to explore candidates that have an interest in a senior role, we could look at offering clinical directorship if that’s something that would interest you. We’d love to hear from candidates that have an interest in orthopaedics as we can offer an excellent caseload for this.
What’s on offer?
- A salary between £40,000 - £72,000 DOE, including a welcome bonus of up to £5000 (pro rata) as well as up to £5000 for relocation assistance.
- Complete flexibility with hours/duties. Kingsway understands that everyone’s situation is different, therefore we’re offering candidates the opportunity to “build their ideal role”.
- The chance to work as a part of a highly experienced team with a wide range of specialisms.
- The opportunity to live and work in a beautiful market town with excellent access to the country side.
A full-time role would involve working 40 hours per week over 4 or 5 days dependent on shift patterns. Our out-of-hours rota consists of working 1 week in 6 on-call between the hours of 5 pm and 8.30 am. When working on call in the evening you are not required on the dayshift rota. You are required to work 1 weekend in 6 on-call. As outlined above, we are happy to discuss other flexible working such as job-sharing and/ or other shift patterns to suit your needs.
We are an expanding Veterinary Hospital who has been providing veterinary care for over 80 years, successfully combining a traditional ethos of care with progressive modern medicine. Kingsway is proud to be a referral centre for cardiology and soft tissue surgery. We have an in-house laboratory, ECG, digital x-ray, rigid and flexible endoscopy, ultrasound with colour flow Doppler, 24-hour on-site nursing care, CPD and further qualifications encouraged. At Kingsway we take pride in caring for staff, as well as patients, ensuring a good work-life balance so there is time off to experience the delights of the Dales on the doorstep.
Our team consists of 7 vets, 10 RVN’s, 2 SVN’s plus supportive administration team including Clinical Director Beth Laycock and Practice Director Susan Pearson. The team are down-to-earth and friendly and look forward to welcoming a new member of staff to the team. You will be supported by multi-disciplinary certificate holders. We encourage our team to be supportive of each other and look out for one another. Our Nurses are on site every day and night taking great care of our inpatients as we are pleased to offer our own out of hours. We’re based in the lovely market town of Skipton which has been consistently voted to be one of the happiest places to live in the UK. Skipton offers a fantastic selection of cafes, pubs and restaurants, excellent schools and inclusive clubs for all ages and interests from sports to music. We even have a 900-year-old castle! We also have to mention that we’re surrounded by the stunning Yorkshire Dales with its famous rock climbing spots, cycle routes and many picturesque walks.
We are looking for a skilled small animal Veterinary Surgeon who is a great team player with a caring manner. The successful candidate will also be a great communicator both with the team and clients. We actively encourage further development and provide a supportive environment to nurture your interests. Our ideal candidate demonstrates effective team-working abilities, good time management, with a focus on providing gold standard veterinary care. Susan Pearson our fantastic Practice Director is happy to have an informal chat with any candidate who may be interested in finding out more about the practice in the first instance, please don’t hesitate to ask and this can be arranged
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- Access to Central CPD – covering an extensive range of online CPD
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please use BH6702 as a reference when applying for this role.
Address: 73 Otley Road, Skipton, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom