Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets, Redcar
4 months ago
White Cross Vets, Redcar
Redcar, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Due to our ever-growing fabulous caseload we are wanting to find another Vet to join our already wonderful little team at White Cross Vets in North Yorkshire.
Our super Redcar team are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join them - check out the practice and meet the team here http://www.whitecrossvets.co.uk/our-surgeries/redcar/. We are a small animal practice offering a full time role of 40 hours a week, with a working pattern of 4 days per week (08:30-19:00) with a share of Saturdays, which you would receive time back for on Friday’s. We offer no OOH and a mixture of surgery and consults each day, with minimal sole charge. Due to our really interesting work load, experience is preferred but we will certainly consider an enthusiastic new or recent graduate . Duties and requirements include to provide high quality clinical care to all pets, provide an outstanding client experience and help to create and maintain an efficient clinic and to uphold and adhere to the White Cross Vets Principles both within the clinic and when representing White Cross Vets externally at all times.
Currently our vet team consists of 5 kind and experienced vets including certificate holders to nurture and encourage growth and development. All vets have their own area of interest including surgery, internal medicine, diagnostic imaging and even dentistry. Our CD Louisa is also known as 'Louisa_the_Vet' on her social media where she often posts all the goings on over here at White Cross!
• Our nursing team consists of 7 highly skilled and supportive nurses including those with and working towards advanced qualifications. We have a newly appointed Clinical Lead Nurse to drive out already high clinical standards.
• We operate and consult every day and happily manage the diary to allow vets to operate all day if we are especially busy!
• There is a great opportunity to work up and manage cases to full potential with access to a full in house laboratory, microscopy, ultrasonography (with a new ultrasound machine!) , ECG, access to endoscopy and dental X-ray as well as support from experienced collegues.
• We are very passionate about promoting and practicing evidence-based medicine.
• We recently achieved the silver award for ISFM cat friendly clinic which we are proud of and run feline friendly senior clinics.
• We run weekly friday morning vet case discussions to share cases and ask for advice and also run monthly clinical meetings for reflection and auditing for all clinical staff.
• To break things up a little, White Cross introduced a monthly well-being session which is rota'd on with freedom to leave practice for a walk or do something in clinic (yoga, games.. you name it!) if you want
• We often have our resident White Cross mascots in practice for company. We've got Flick, Mac, Lily and Finn who 'own' 2 of our vets and our head nurse!
Practices that truly look after their team members are hard to come by. That's where White Cross Vets stand out. We are SPVS Wellbeing Award Winners 2017 and 2018 and Sunday Times Top 100 Company to Work For (6 years running!). As one of the top employers in the UK, we offer candidates an excellent package with the opportunity to enjoy a superb work/life balance. It's an excellent place to work, with a super team who love working with us, reflected in them voting for us to win numerous wellbeing and employer awards.
We are looking for somebody fun, compassionate and professional with a desire to work towards our high standards. Experience would be preferable however we can accommodate and support a new graduate.
You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike. You must have strong communication skills, the ability to work well in a team, passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service and a desire to care for pets as if they were your own.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Extra day of holiday and a personalised gift on your birthday
- Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Practice social events
- Contribution towards a Fitbit and weekly challenges
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Paid bereavement leave
- Service related company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform
- Annual pay reviews
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH5535 when applying for this role.
Address: Unit 3 West Dyke Road Retail Park, Redcar, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom