Veterinary Surgeon Required At Sampson Park, Staverton Veterinary Surgery
3 weeks ago
up to £40,000 negotiable depending on experience
Sampson Park, Staverton Veterinary Surgery
Daventry, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
We are looking for a dynamic veterinary surgeon to join our fantastic team at Staverton Veterinary Surgery. The successful candidate will carry out all usual veterinary responsibilities including consultations and surgeries to the highest clinical standard.
We are looking for a part-time candidate, however, we are happy to offer full-time hours to the right candidate. Weekend work will be 1:3 Saturday mornings, 8:30 am – 12 pm and you will be involved in occasional inpatient care. No out-of-hours or bank holiday work.
The salary for this role is up to £40,000 negotiable depending on experience.
We are situated in the lovely countryside of Northamptonshire, on farm grounds with woodland walks on our doorstep. Our surgery has free parking, and a gorgeous outside rest area surrounded by flowers for those sunny lunch breaks.
We have all the usual facilities, including spacious consult rooms, a high-performance ultrasound machine, digital x-ray, biochemistry and haematology machines in-house, a multiparameter, very quiet dental machine!
Our 3 very experienced vets have 10+ years of experience each and 3 have a certificate in medicine, ideal for providing support with those tricky medical or surgical cases. We have excellent clinical support with a dynamic and light-hearted team, and our clinical director is always supportive and listens to suggestions. Alongside our 3 vets, who share an interest in diagnostic imaging, medicine, and surgery, we have 2 qualified nurses, 1 student nurse and 1 veterinary care assistant, supported by 2 fantastic receptionists. We are ideally placed to offer support to a recent graduate and help them develop in their role.
We are looking for a veterinary surgeon who has recently graduated to join our team, however, we will consider a more experienced vet. Ideally, you will be confident with routine surgeries and consultations but support will be given for the trickier cases. Our perfect candidate will be highly motivated, with good interpersonal skills, passionate about the career and enjoy being part of a cheerful, close-knit but high-performing team.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Professional Memberships
- BVA membership
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6524 when you apply.
Address: Daventry, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom