Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets, Roundhay
up to £47,000 depending on experience
White Cross Vets
West Yorkshire, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Here at White Cross Vets we are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. The general day to day duties for this role include; providing all pets with the highest standard of clinical care, keeping medical records up to date and accurate as well as assuming responsibility for surgical and medical cases. All cases are required to be written up in full, on a daily basis. Our Veterinary Surgeon’s work closely with our nursing and CCC team to further efficiency as well as overseeing the appointment diary. We require our Veterinary Surgeon’s to check and sign off insurance claim forms and maintain membership of the RCVS, ensuring they keep up to day with legislation affecting the practice of Veterinary medicine in the UK.
We are looking for someone who will promote White Cross Vets and the individual clinic within the local community.
The rota includes working 40 hours per week over 4 days between the hours of 08:00 and 19:00 with a share of Saturdays with time back in lieu. There is no out of hours required for this role.
The salary for this role is up to £47,000 depending on experience.
Our Roundhay Practice is in a great location, just outside of Leeds. The clinic is very well equipped with digital and dental x-ray, ultrasound, endoscope and laparoscope as well as an in-house laboratory. We are surrounded by great places to grab lunch or go for a walk with the park just a short stroll away.
Currently, our team consists of 4 Veterinary Surgeons, 7 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 Veterinary Care Assistant, and 5 Client Care Coordinators making a great team environment.
We are looking for a highly motivated Veterinary surgeon who can thrive in our high-quality practice. Confident and professional, you will be able to work with sole charge. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility, and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with the team to provide a quality experience for pet owners and pets alike.
Other requirements include:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in UK / Small Animal practice
- RCVS registered
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
- Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 7 Weeks including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- £1,500.00 allowance with 5 days paid
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6021 when you apply.
Address: 31 Street Lane, West Yorkshire, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom