Large Animal Veterinary Surgeon Required At Drumahoe Veterinary Clinic In Londonderry
4 months ago
Drumahoe Veterinary Clinic
Susana Belles Jimenez
Londonderry, Northern Ireland, United KingdomWe have an exciting position for an enthusiastic Large Animal Vet to join our experienced team. This role is to join our predominantly dairy and cattle practice and to work alongside and support our Large Animal Clinical Director in an ever-expanding market. If you’re looking for a farm position within a great team servicing a loyal group of clients with the potential for further career progression this is for you. We work in a beautiful part of the country covering the Counties of Derry and Donegal. Easy access to Belfast and Dublin and within 1.5 hours of the North Antrim Coast.
We are a friendly, progressive practice with an emphasis on routine work and preventative health planning to offer our clients the best possible service for our farm businesses. We are respected in the farming community for our service, knowledge and reliability.
We benefit from an engaged, loyal client base resulting in the potential to make a real difference and the job satisfaction that brings. We have all the normal equipment, plus the use of VetImpress software and the potential for the right person to develop skills in this service.
Shared out of hours rota with other Large Animal Vets.
• Able to manage own workload
• A desire to continue to learn and help drive the practice forward
• Experienced in large animal veterinary
• Able to TB test
This role is available immediately. Interviews will take place ASAP with our Practice Director Maria Barron and 2 clinical Directors - Craig Campbell and Grace O'Keeffe.
Package Includes: Competitive salary in line with RCVS guidelines, Van, DCI card, VDS
Benefits (pro rata):
• 25 days paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Address: 4 Ardlough Road, Londonderry, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom