Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon Required At Castle Veterinary Group, Castlewellan
4 weeks ago
up to £45,000 FTE depending on experience
Castle Veterinary Group
Co Down, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Castle Vets are looking to add a small animal veterinary surgeon to join their friendly team in the beautiful area of Mourne Co. Down. There is no out of hours in this role but some Saturdays will be required.
Experience is favoured but not a requirement as there is a great support system with a good blend of youth and experience!
There is also a chance to appear in BBC’s much famed Mountain Vets.
Salary for the role is up to £45,000 FTE depending on experience. Welcome bonus of up to £3000 and a relocation bonus of up to £5000.
We are an established practice with a team of vets and nurses based across our 2 modern purpose-built surgeries. The practice stretches across a fantastic scenic area from Strangford Lough up to Slieve Donard with an amazing range of outdoor activities within our catchment area. Our surgery facilities include: in-house labs, DR x-ray, ultrasound, ECG, a full range of orthopaedic equipment and state of the art endoscopy equipment.
We are a Tier 3 training practice and believe in supporting future clinical staff. Currently in our team we have 3 certificate holders in medicine/surgery and one vet working towards this.
Ideally, we are looking for an experienced small animal vet surgeon, but we can consider new graduates for this role as full support will be given. You must be RCVS registered and have a full UK driving licence as a company van is provided. Accommodation provided. CPD & further certification is supported.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave subject to pro-rata
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6013 when you apply.
Address: Co Down, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom