McPhersons Vets Are Looking For A Clinical Director To Shape The Future Of The Practice!
2 months ago
Up to £75,000 depending on experience
McPhersons Veterinary Practice
East Rainworth, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
McPhersons Vets are looking for a Clinical Director to shape the future of the practice!
What’s on offer?
- A salary of up to £75,000 depending on experience.
- Relocation support of up to £5000, as well as a welcome bonus of £5000 (pro rata).
- Exceptional support to develop your leadership skills.
- Flexibility to create the right role for you.
McPhersons Vets is a small animal, first opinion practice based in the Nottinghamshire village of Rainworth, with a spacious and well-equipped site, in house lab facilities, ultrasound, diagnostics and digital Xray. We have a friendly, dedicated team with an array of experience levels. Currently we have four Veterinary Surgeons, three Registered Veterinary Nurses, three Student Nurses and a good team of Veterinary Care Assistants, as well as a highly experience Practice Manager. One of our Vets has a certificate in small animal surgery, one of our nurses has the advanced programme vet nursing certification for small mammals and another nurse has a certification for schedule 3 surgical nursing. We encourage professional development and are happy to consider supporting any professional interests or certificate goals. You’ll have the support of a dedicated Practice Manager, as well as an Area Director. IVC are committed to developing leadership via several industry leading training courses.
About the role
A full time role would involve working 4 days per week (09:00 – 18:30). 1:4 Saturday mornings are required (09:00 – 13:00) consults only. There’s no out of hours or on call duties with this role! We offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life. We can offer flexibility that actually works for you. As a Clinical Director at McPhersons vets, you will see a varied caseload with a good mixture of surgery and consultations. Our caseload offers great exposure to surgical, medical and orthopaedics. The role would include the day to day running of the practice, mentoring and a varied share of the surgical and medical cases. We have team members studying towards or who have achieved certificates, so we welcome more complex cases. We are very supportive of career progression and training may be available if you are a Senior Veterinary Surgeon looking for the next step in your career.
We are looking for an RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon with extensive experience in both surgical and medical management. Our ideal candidate would be someone who actively encourages further development, and demonstrates enthusiasm and drive. We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon who practices good medicine, has extensive clinical experience, excellent communication skills, and the ability to lead a team.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 7.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Quote BH7997 when applying for this role.
Address: 166 Southwell Road, East Rainworth, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom