Veterinary Surgeon Required At McPhersons Vets, Rainworth
1 month ago
Rainworth, Nottinghamshire, United KingdomThe Role
As a Veterinary Surgeon at McPhersons vets, you will see a varied caseload and good mixture of surgery and consultations. We do have team members studying towards or who have achieved certificates, so we do welcome more complex cases too. This means we would be happy to consider supporting your professional interests or certificate goals! We are also big on progression and training may be available if you are a Senior Veterinary Surgeon looking for the next step in your career.
• The working pattern is just 4 days a week (39 hours rota shift)
• Saturdays on a rota basis
• Competitive Salary up to £60,000 (Depending on experience)
• As one of the top employers in the UK, we offer candidates an excellent package with the opportunity to enjoy a superb work/life balance.
McPhersons Vets are a small animal, first opinion practice based in the Nottinghamshire village of Rainworth. We have a fantastic local reputation and a spacious and well-equipped site. We are a practice with character and charm however, we will also be looking to invest in modernising the site over the coming months too. We have a friendly, dedicated team with a fantastic array of experience levels. We are now looking to welcome an additional, motivated Veterinary Surgeon to join our great team.
We are looking for a highly motivated Veterinary Surgeon who can thrive in our small but exceptional practice. We are looking for an individual who is confident, friendly and professional. You will be RCVS registered with experience in a similar small animal setting and have a passion to deliver excellent service to patients and clients alike. Strong communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Job Ref: BH2379
Address: 166 Southwell Road East, Rainworth, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom