Veterinary Surgeon Required At Portland House Vets, Vermuyden
3 weeks ago
Up to £63,000 DOE
Portland House Vets, Retford
Retford, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Vermuyden Vets are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon to work as a permanent member of staff within a well-established veterinary practice in Goole. The role will involve hands-on veterinary care of small animals, providing both routine and emergency healthcare in a newly refurbished practice. We’re looking for a full time vet. Hours are between 09:00 – 19:00 along with some Saturday mornings, you’ll receive time off in lieu for these. No out of hours or on call required! We offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life. We can offer flexibility that actually works for you.
What’s on offer?
- A salary of up to £63,000 depending on experience.
- Relocation support of up to £5000.
- A welcome bonus of up to £5000 (pro rata).
- Flexibility with hours and duties! Part time applicants will be supported.
- Certificate support, particularly for those with an interest in Orthopaedics.
Key responsibilities include:
- Small animal surgical procedures
- Minor procedures
- Client Liaison
- Working up cases
- Treatment plans
- Care responsibility
- Some sole charge
Vermuyden Vets is a well-established mixed practice located in the centre of Goole. Traditionally a mixed practice, the surgery has recently undergone a full refurbishment expanding the scope for our small animal services which we are looking to build upon. Facilities in practice include digital X ray system, ultrasound and a full internal lab. We work in partnership with Portland House Veterinary Group based in Retford.
The practice consists of 1 experienced small animal vet with an orthopaedic interest. You’ll be supported by an excellent team of ACAs and receptionist. We are a welcoming and friendly team who are enthusiastic and dedicated team players. We pride ourselves on delivering first class service to our clients and patients. You’ll always have access to a dedicated mental health first aider. We’re a very social bunch! The team regularly meets up outside of work. We have regular pub quizzes, our annual summer BBQ, some of the team participates in the Tough Mudder event as well! We believe strongly in delivering exceptional service and care to our clients and their pets.
We are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon with some post graduate experience. You will need to have the ability to make decisions, have good interpersonal skills, and a compassionate nature. We have a supportive experienced team that will always be on hand to help.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave, including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• +1 Additional membership
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Quote BH8164 when applying for this role.
Address: 53 Churchgate, Retford, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom