Veterinary Surgeon Required At Abivale Veterinary Group
1 month ago
The salary will be up to £55,000 depending on experience.
Abivale Veterinary Group
Abingdon, Oxon, United Kingdom
Here at Abivale Veterinary Group, we are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. We encourage the sharing of ideas and contributions on a clinical, and sometimes administrative level.
The rota includes working 40 hours per week over 4 days. The hours are from 8.30am-7:00pm with a 1-hour lunch break in the week. Weekend shifts will include working 2 Saturdays and 1 Sunday every 7 weeks. Bank holidays are on a rota basis and there are no out-of-hours.
The salary will be up to £55,000 depending on experience plus a golden handshake of £5000 (pro rata) for new hires!
Our Abivale group of practices are set in a beautiful part of South Oxfordshire, surrounded by local amenities, and everything that Oxfordshire has to offer. Good links to Oxford and London whilst close to the countryside. Our group has the benefit of our main surgery in Abingdon where we have our own dedicated out-of-hours team so you will not need to worry about being on call at night.
We have a supportive team of Veterinary Surgeons, Registered Veterinary Nurses, Student Nurses, Animal Nursing Assistants, Receptionists, and Admin Staff.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of UK practice experience. The candidate will enjoy getting to know our clients and their pets and provide excellent clinical and client care with the great support of our friendly team.
Benefits Veterinary Surgeon
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- Annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- We offer a generous holiday and remuneration package which includes practice accommodation (if required) and a CPD allowance.
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees (not standard, needs confirmed for each advert)
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Relocation allowance
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6425 when applying for this role.
Address: The Vineyard, Abingdon, Oxon, United Kingdom