Veterinary Surgeon Required At Fair City Vets - Perth.
2 weeks ago
Fair City Vets
Perth, Perthshire and Kinross, United KingdomThe Role
Fair City Veterinary Group is looking for an experienced small animal Veterinary Surgeon. We aim to deliver excellent patient care six days a week. This role will include consults and routine surgery, as well as occasional emergency surgery and medical workups. We offer a flexible rota of four (10h) or five (8h) days. You would be expected to work 1 in 4 Saturdays (8:30-16:00), as our OOH service is provided by Vets Now. Some travel would be required to our Auchterarder branch.
Fair City Veterinary Group is the longest established practice in Perthshire with 100 years of history. We are located in the picturesque Perth, close to the High Street and the train station. We have four friendly Vets passionate about their job, five lovely RVNs and fabulous reception team. We have two consulting rooms, one nurse room, separate cat and dog wards, operating theatre, prep room and in-house lab.
We are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon who is confident on sole charge, but works well in team. You will be a well-rounded Veterinary Surgeon who has an excellent bedside manner. Full UK driving licence is required.
Benefits (Subject to pro rata)
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Job Ref: BH1804
Address: 32 York Place, Perth, Perthshire and Kinross, United Kingdom