Sutton, United Kingdom
We are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon with extensive clinical experience and a strong background in managing teams of clinical staff to join us as Regional Director for our Sutton region.
Reporting into the Head of Clinical Operations, you will be part of a progressive divisional team of Regional Directors. This is a senior leadership role providing strategic operational direction and leadership to colleagues in practices within your region, to ensure delivery against agreed performance measures.
A key part of the role is ensuring we recruit, engage & retain great colleagues to deliver exceptional clinical quality and care standards in the practices within your region, whilst maximising the financial and operational performance of the region.
As a Regional Director, you will typically be responsible for around 20 branches within a geographical location, split into areas. Each area has an Area Manager who you will have line manager responsibility for.
Beyond the benefits package that all Medivet colleagues enjoy, you can look forward to other perks that may, for example, include flexible working or working from home options, wherever possible. You can also expect continuous development with exceptional training and development support, including to achieve qualifications or diversify your skills, building your potential into a satisfying career.
Join us where we’re building better every day.
- Ensure Medivet’s core values are lived and breathed every day
- Provide support and advice to all practices in the region
- Proactively support a culture of putting our pets, clients and colleagues first, and always going the extra mile.
- Build positive, respectful, trusting relationships which will ensure strong levels of employee engagement. Provide visible leadership and direction to all of your peers, direct reports and practices to embed our “one team” culture
- Problem solve regional issues whilst working together with your team of Area Managers, Clinical Operations colleagues & Divisional Support colleagues
- Encourage nurturing and development of our future Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Nurses
- Establish a culture that ensures consistent compliance with internal corporate policy and external regulatory standards across the region, through monitoring and driving improvements against RCVS and BVA guidelines
- Encourage a progressive clinical knowledge sharing community culture, in which individuals are able to learn from their colleagues, pioneer new ways of working and strive to raise standards of clinical care.
- Drive and deliver the commercial performance of the practices within your area against established targets whilst identifying and generating profitable revenue opportunities across your sites
Skills and experience
- Solid clinical and management background in private or corporate small animal practice, with a strong grasp of the commercial requirements of successful practice
- Experience managing multiple veterinary practices and teams
- Energy, passion and enthusiasm
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- Desire and ability to learn quickly
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Strong team player with ability to work independently
- Experience and aptitude for leadership - ability to motivate and inspire others!
- Proven ability to mentor/lead a team of veterinary professionals
- Experience recruiting, managing and producing performance reviews for Veterinary Surgeons.
- Knowledge and decision making in budgeting and plan making scenarios. Proven ability to drive revenue growth in practice/s.
The Sutton region has been established for about 5 years and is focused around Medivet Sutton24, based on the outskirts of Sutton, with 12 practices feeding into it. The practices are dotted around beautiful Surrey- in particular Epsom and extend up to Wimbledon and down to Chipstead.
We have recently revamped the hospital both in terms of branding and culture, and its a really great place to work. This region has huge potential to grow and part of developing this region will be working with younger vets to help them take the exciting steps of become Branch Partners, as well as helping to further expand the hub and spoke model, which makes Medivet so unique in terms of being able to develop our vets and expose them to a varied and advanced caseload.
The region is supported by an extremely talented Area Manager who has been in the role for 15 years and is everyone’s go to person, as she can provide you with the answers you are looking for. The Sutton region is an exciting opportunity for someone with good clinical awareness, a strong commercial understanding and excellent communication skills, to come and help steer the region to further success.
Address: Sutton, United Kingdom