Small Animal Only Veterinary Surgeon Required At Easter Ross Vets, Invergordon Scotland
4 months ago
Up to £50,000 negotiable D.O.E
Easter Ross Vets
Invergordon, Ross and Cromarty, United Kingdom
Easter Ross Vets, Invergordon are now under new management with Ross Eunson as our Clinical Director now heading up the team, we are looking for a small animal veterinary surgeon to join us.
Working on a 100% small animal only caseloads ranging from ultrasounds, x rays, blood workups etc to even some exotic work with reptiles, amphibians and snakes should this be an interest to you. We are really supportive of vets wishing to obtain certificates and we offer full funding for this, we can also support a specialism within areas of surgery and/or medicine.
Up to 40 hours per week (flexible hours and part time options available)
1:4 weekends on call – with a day off in Lieu
1:4 weeknights on call (covering from 6:30pm-8am)
There will be some sole charge on-call required however its always with the back-up of our experienced nursing team.
On call is optional however generous TOIL is given back to our vets covering the on-call rota
Up to £50,000 negotiable D.O.E
Welcome bonus of £2,500
Relocation allowance of £5,000
Easter Ross Vets is situated just north of Inverness and boasts a rich pictish history within a beautiful highland setting out with the central belt, with great access to outdoor activities including hillwalking, water sports, Dunrobin Castle and dolphin watching to name a few.
Our main branch is in Invergordon and other branches in historical Tain and the award-winning town of Alness. Great community and countryside only 1 hour away from Inverness Airport and 25 mins from City of Inverness.
We have three branches Invergordon, Alness & Tain with Invergordon being our main hub. Our team is made up of 6 Vets, 3 Nurses and 10 support staff who are supportive of each other.
Ideally would suit an experienced vet surgeon but we can also consider new graduates for this role as full support will be given. Must be RCVS registered, have full UK driving licence as company vehicle will be provided.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks including bank holidays per annum
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD leave
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6273 when you apply.
Address: Invergordon, Ross and Cromarty, United Kingdom