Part Time Veterinary Surgeon Required At Leonard Brothers Vets In Whitchurch, Shropshire
1 year ago
up to £63,000 pro rata DOE
Leonard Brothers Vets
Whitchurch, Shropshire, United Kingdom
We are looking for a dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team here at Leonard Brothers Veterinary centre based in our Whitchurch Branch, The position is part time and the role is 2 days per week working between the hours of 8:30am & 6:30pm and 9 + Saturday morning 8am-12:30pm per year, 1 in 15 weekends on call from Saturday 8:30am - 17:30pm Vets now cover over nights. 1 weeknight every 3 weeks approx from 6:30pm - 9:00pm.
Salary up to £63,000 pro rata DOE.
- Provide clients with a high standard of customer care and service
- Write up all cases in full, monitor hospitalised patients and communicate information to the nursing staff, check all pricing communicated back to the client
- Inform clients of test results and update on progress after treatment
- Positively communicate to all clients on progress, results, diagnosis, prognosis, treatment options and costs involved at all times
- Maintain membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Present a professional approach and smart appearance at all times, ensure an effective consultation process for all patients
- Record all patient information, treatment, diagnostic reports and charges into the PMS
- Understand and comply with your legal obligations in relation to prescription safe keeping and supply of Veterinary medicinal products
- Maintain personal CPD as per RCVS guidelines
New large building with friendly atmosphere, just on the side of the town of Whitchurch, ample parking with a short walk to the train station, a large group of vets who all have varied skill sets, as well as a large friendly team of nurses.
Our team pride themselves on offering an exceptional level of care and we have an amazing team of extremely experienced Veterinary Nurses who are there to assist and help whenever needed. We have a client base that come to us for our personal approach and our ethos of 'we treat every pet as though it's our own'.
Our supportive team is made up of 7 Veterinary Surgeons, We also have 8 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 6 experienced Receptionists ad administrators. We are a very friendly team full of fun and personality.
The ideal candidate will be RCVS registered, be competent in all routine surgeries. You will be an enthusiastic, passionate, patient and caring individual who is interested and willing to promote and build the practice.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH3911 when applying for this role.
Address: Station Road, Whitchurch, Shropshire, United Kingdom