£33,383 - £50,002 (plus advanced scale for certificate holders)
Animal Trust Vets - Shrewsbury
Shrewsbury, Shropshire, United Kingdom
What is Animal Trust all about?
You might not have heard about us yet – we’re the only Community Interest veterinary group in the UK. We believe that a lot of pet owners are struggling to afford veterinary care, and we know there is another way. Not-for-profit veterinary care means that, instead of maximising profits, we want to maximise the care we can provide to our patients, owners and staff. If you love your job but don’t feel like you are making a difference, Animal Trust could be the right employer for you.
That all sounds very commendable, but what’s in it for me?
We definitely believe that you’ll be on our wavelength when it comes to supporting our social mission! But here’s what it also means for you and your career:
- We see proportionally more sick pets than other vet groups. If cases are something you are missing, you’re reading the right job description.
- Because our prices are low, you don’t have the financial limitations that stop you from working up cases.
- Our in-house OOH provision means you have continuity of cases.
What else do you think I should know?
Shrewsbury is a 24/7 site and one of our best-equipped surgeries, with endoscope, full ultrasound and X-rays, full in-house labs including coagulation machines, and support from an extremely experienced orthopaedic surgeon who carries out advanced and complex procedures. We also have a full team of experienced RVNs who are moving towards specialised nurse-led care. All this happens in an award-winning building with amazing views of the River Severn!
Our business model means that we see a lot of interesting cases, but we also need to see a lot of those cases in order to maintain operating profit. You’ll probably see more emergencies than preventative care. We are constantly evaluating ways to safeguard our employees when it comes to their mental health. We offer an employee assistance programme that allows you to access mental health support from a team of specialised professionals, along with a 24/7 online GP.
What are you looking for in me?
We’re looking for somebody who loves being a vet. A belief in our mission is so important- you must have the ability to focus on the pets you save, who wouldn’t normally have been able to see you. You know that a good consultation is about efficiently working out a solution, and you believe in the expertise of the RVNs you work with.
- Salary scale: £33,383 - £50,002 (plus advanced scale for certificate holders)
- 6 weeks holiday, including bank holidays
- UK and International CPD funded to certificate level
- Private Health Care, 52 Weeks sickness benefit and free Employee assistance program — awarded after qualifying period
- Contributory pension scheme
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Access to counselling support including mental health, financial and life counselling after 12 months of service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer-a-Friend bonus
- Varied and challenging career
- The satisfaction of working with a not-for-profit employer
About Animal Trust
Animal Trust is open to everyone and there are no eligibility criteria for clients to meet. Our consultations are free to encourage people to come to us, they only pay for the treatment. We have a simple and transparent pricing structure, which is one less thing for our vets and nurses to worry about. It’s important for us to invest in our surgeries, and across our network we have access to expertise including in house CT scanner, advanced orthopaedics and hip replacement. Know the drill, and loving life? #loveveterinary
Address: Coleham Head, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, United Kingdom