Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets, Sheffield
4 weeks ago
White Cross Vets
Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United KingdomAbout the role:
White Cross Vets, Sheffield is a small animal practice part of the White Cross Vets group. The working pattern is 4 days/week (8:30-7pm) with a share of Saturday mornings, which you would receive time back for (totalling 40 hours on average). It's an excellent place to work, with a super team who love working with us, reflected in them voting for us to win numerous wellbeing and employer awards.
There will be no OOH requirement, and a normal day will include a mixture of surgery and consults each day, with minimal sole charge. The successful candidate must be happy with most aspects of general surgery, dentals and dental x-rays.
To provide high quality clinical care to all pets.
To provide an outstanding client experience and help to create and maintain an efficient clinic.
To uphold and adhere to the White Cross Vets Principles both within the clinic and when representing White Cross Vets externally at all times.
About the practice:
Practices that truly look after their team members are hard to come by. That's where White Cross Vets stand out. Our super Sheffield team are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join them. The team is made up of 3 vets, 5 nurses and 3 CCCs - check out the practice and meet them here http://www.whitecrossvets.co.uk/our-surgeries/sheffield/
We are SPVS Wellbeing Award Winners 2017 and 2018, Sunday Times Top 100 Company to Work For (6 years running!). As one of the top employers in the UK, we offer candidates an excellent package with the opportunity to enjoy a superb work/life balance. You will receive a competitive salary and 5 weeks holiday per year.
We are looking for a highly motivated veterinary surgeon who can thrive in our high-quality practice. Confident and professional, you will be able to work with sole charge. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike.
• Several years experience in UK / Small Animal practice
• RCVS registered
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
• Generous holiday allowance (6.6 weeks including BH)
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1500 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Extra day of holiday and a personalised gift on your birthday
• Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Practice social events
• Opportunity for career development
• Contribution towards a Fitbit and weekly challenges
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Enhanced parental leave pay
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Job Ref: BH2460
Address: 155-159 Retford Road Handsworth, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom