Surgical Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets, Wolstanton
up to £100,000 depending on experience
White Cross Vets
Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Our Wolstanton clinic is currently experiencing an exciting period of development, and as result, we have a fantastic new opportunity available for a veterinary surgeon who is looking to take the next step in their career. This role would be suitable for someone who has a surgical bias and will be predominantly focused on leading and developing the clinical team in this area.
This role consists of 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday (between the hours of 08:00 - 19:00). You will also be required to participate in a weekend rota, with time given back in lieu. There is no out of hours requirement for this role, as this is provided by VetsNow. Wolstanton is a flexible working practice and therefore we are keen to consider full time and part-time applicants, let us know the hours you want to work.
The salary for this role is up to £100,000 depending on experience.
The clinic has a high surgical caseload, with a mix of soft tissue and orthopaedic cases. We would be keen to hear from veterinary surgeons who would consider a predominantly surgical role, with consultations in relation to supporting this surgical service. There may be the opportunity to progress this role in the future, therefore we would love to hear from veterinary surgeons who would be keen to develop a more advanced surgical service for the White Cross Group– although this isn’t a deal-breaker.
At White Cross Vets, we have 21 clinics across the UK. All our clinics have teams with different interests, with team members undergoing further training by certificates or having those that have achieved certification status. Being part of something bigger offers a fantastic level of support on a wider group level and allows us to grow and develop a higher quality first opinion pet care, whilst providing internal career progression opportunities. As a group, we are focused on ensuring our teams have suitable equipment and we would invest in additional instruments, required for this role. We have recently invested in two Laparoscopic setups, at two of our clinics.
Wolstanton is a growing practice with great facilities including 4 consult rooms, a cat ward, dog ward, operating theatre, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound and access to endoscope if needed. We hold the ISFM silver award for cat care and the IVC Evidensia patient safety award.
Our veterinary team enjoy all aspects of general veterinary practice. High-quality clinical care is of utmost importance to the team and they routinely conduct audits, ensuring that they are always working towards gold standard first opinion pet care. The team feel like a surgical vet would complement their interests and offer support in this area, whilst providing the successful candidate with a career opportunity to progress and grow the surgical provision at the clinic.
About the Team and Culture
One of the best parts of working at Wolstanton is our close-knit, enthusiastic team. We are all food lovers and often do sausage roll runs to “Wright’s Pies”, which is just next door as well as chocolate treasure hunts around the practice. As a team, we are very focused on the happiness of our team and take our team-building and well-being afternoons extremely seriously, which have included “Bake-Off” style competitions, Christmas quizzes and Halloween pumpkin carving. We may also be partial to a spot of BINGO and love some Festive Fun.
It is important that the successful candidate has the following skills/attributes:
- Experienced candidate
- Further surgical qualification; certificate holder or higher. Further qualifications fully supported
- Confidence in all aspects of surgery, soft tissue and orthopaedic
- Drive to work towards clinical excellence within first opinion practice
- Confidence in making strong clinical recommendations and being able to coach less experienced team members in making these
- Confidence in supporting less experienced team members with surgical cases
- Leadership qualities to enable successful support of less experienced team members
- Quality: the desire to provide a high standard of veterinary medicine, to the pets under our care
- Integrity: working with the clinical team to drive the strong White Cross principles that the group adheres to, in an honest manner
- Responsibility; to the pets under our care, making strong and confident clinical recommendations with the support of the team and the White Cross group
- Growth: to be passionate in wanting to progress your clinical knowledge and skill development, which in turn contributes to the growth of the practice and the clinical team
- RCVS registered
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH5692 when you apply.
Address: Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, United Kingdom