Veterinary Surgeon Required At Grange Hill Vets
up to £48,000 depending on experience
Grange Hill Vets
Lichfield, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Here at Grange Hill Vets, we have a fantastic opportunity for a vet to join us in a first opinion general practice role. No two days are the same here at our busy practice, and your responsibilities will include consulting, diagnostic imaging, dentistry, and surgery.
The preferred working pattern is 4 days per week 8.30 am-7 pm but we can be flexible for the right candidate. We work 1 in 4 Saturdays 8.45 am-2.45 pm. There is no out-of-hours work.
The salary is up to £48,000 depending on experience.
We are a single-site, modern, purpose-built practice with lots of natural light and air conditioning. We have an in-house laboratory for haematology, biochemistry, microscopy and urinalysis, digital x-ray, ultrasound, flexible endoscopy, and dentistry machine.
We are situated in the beautiful city of Lichfield, a lovely market town with a vibrant arts culture. We are close to Cannock Chase, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, but also have good transport links by road and train, with a direct train line to London and the East Midlands and Birmingham airports nearby.
About the Team and Culture
We have 4 veterinary surgeons and 6 registered veterinary nurses, supported by 2 receptionists, a veterinary care assistant and an animal nursing assistant. One of the things we are most proud of is our exceptional teamwork and learning culture, alongside striving to deliver gold standard care to all our patients. We are looking for someone who would like to work within our caring and friendly team, to develop their career in a supportive environment. Certificate study would be encouraged. We have a well-being champion in the practice and the happiness of our staff is a very important part of our culture.
Ideally, we are looking for an experienced vet, though would consider a new graduate. This person should enjoy being part of a supportive team, be hardworking, and be keen to learn and further their knowledge and skills.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- Up to £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Professional Memberships
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6546 when you apply.
Address: Lichfield, Staffordshire, United Kingdom