Veterinary Surgeon - North Harrow
Harrow, United Kingdom
Medivet North Harrow (Barnfield House) has been serving the pets of North Harrow and Bushey since the 1960's.
This three vet clinic is very well equipped with digital x-ray, ultrasound, haematology and biochemistry analysers, multiparameter anaesthetic monitor and therapeutic laser, allowing the team to work-up cases to an excellent standard.
For more complicated cases, Medivet Watford is a short drive away. Here, cases can be treated by our team of surgery, imaging, medicine and cardiology certificate holders and benefit from endoscopy, laparoscopy, advanced ultrasound and CT.
Medivet North Harrow hosts an OOH service so patients are hospitalised in the clinic overnight and there are no OOH or on-call shifts.
We are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team at North Harrow.
The ideal candidate will be a confident all-rounder with 2 years' + experience. You will be working in an environment where colleagues support you by sharing skills and knowledge to give our patients the best outcomes.
Full time salary package up to £67,369 per annum depending on experience to include:
- - 5 weeks' annual leave plus bank holidays (FTE)
- - 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- - Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- - £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- - RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- - Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Accommodation can also available if required!
- - Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- - Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays.
- - 100% attendance bonus schemes
- - 1 day 'Pet'ernity Leave
Skills and experience
- - 2+ years UK experience
- - Comfortable working sole charge with support of the clinic nearby
- - Competent performing routine surgeries unassisted
- - Confident to manage inpatient care
Our North Harrow practice runs a 4-day week rota to assist with an excellent work life balance.
We have both consultations and surgery through the morning and aim to finish our surgical load by lunchtime before we start consulting again at 3 pm to finish at 7 pm to hand over any in-patients.
Here, you will be responsible for consultations, routine surgery and management of inpatients. We also have a 'lock-up' clinic close by in Bushey Heath, some shifts will be worked at this clinic and will be sole charge.
Full-time hours are 39 per week with 1:3 Saturdays: 08:00-14:30. No on-call or out of hour shifts required! Fair share of bank holiday cover duties.
Address: Harrow, United Kingdom