VET SURGEON - SA - CHATHAM
Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Veterinary Surgeon, to join our supportive and friendly team here in the historic town of Chatham. As a result of our established Vets in practice we are fortunate enough to say we are open to considering a new graduate or a more experienced Vet.
As a Veterinary Surgeon of easipetcare, you will be working closely with the Senior Veterinary Surgeon and Vet team, as well as the Practice Principal to champion high standards of patient care within the practice. Our deceivingly specious small animal practice is located just off the main Chatham high street, which provides a varied consulting caseload that will allow a less experienced veterinary surgeons to hone their skills and will keep the experienced vet stimulated!
Typically, this position is 4/5 days per week, with 1:3 Saturdays only, however we understand that one size doesn’t necessarily fit all, and so we may be able to offer a degree of flexibility around this standard pattern. No OOH or On Call.
The opportunity to perform surgery will be accommodated on a rotational basis, and you will be fully supported by a long standing and experienced nursing team. Consultations are 15mins, with admin time incorporated into your diary allowing you to focus on delivering patient care, without the pressure of needing to squeeze admin in between.
We have free flat accommodation for our newest member of the team if this is needed. No bills to pay or deduction from your salary, as well as a great flat located on site and within easy reach of all your much needed amenities.
- Salary up to £55,000 per annum dependent on experience
- £3,000 Welcome Bonus Package - £1,500 on appointment + a further £1,500 on successful completion of probationary period
- Relocation Allowance or use of the onsite accommodation
- Automatic enrolment in uncapped discretionary bonus scheme
- Financial assistance with post graduate certification
At easipetcare we pride ourselves on offering high quality vet care at prices affordable to all. We take pleasure in being able to offer a full range of first opinion veterinary services at affordable prices. Our practice is conveniently located just off the M20 and is easily commutable from London (Just under 1hr). Our deceivingly large and airy practice boasts 4 consult rooms; a dedicated x-ray and ultrasound room; a large modern theatre and prep room. This is a unique opportunity to join a super friendly team and work in a supportive environment that offers the scope for further development in your chosen area of interest.
Team and Culture
We are a 5 Vet practice with a super support team of 4 RVN's, 1 SVN, 1 ANA and our wonderfully efficient receptionists. We have our Practice principle who is dedicated to supporting the team, with a great focus of his being on work life balance, development, and opportunity for the team. Our clinic has an established client base, and our team are passionate about providing gold standard care to our clients and their pets. We are very focused on celebrating our wonderful and do so often with in practice awards and regular Costa Friday treats!
- A love for Pizza, Coffee/Tea & Cake is an absolute must!
- Champion of our core values
- Ability and willingness to share knowledge and mentor/be mentored by others
- Contribute to the practice protocols to facilitate the continuous improvement of clinical standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Approachable, caring and empathic whilst instilling a positive “can do” attitude amongst fellow colleagues.
- Be passionate about all aspects of your veterinary work
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
- 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS & BVA Membership paid
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- CPD/training support
- Company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Tel: 01926 678017
Address: Tackbrook Park, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, United Kingdom