Veterinary Surgeon Required At Oakfield Veterinary Surgery, Atherstone
up to £63,000 depending on experience, plus a welcome bonus of up to £5,000
Oakfield Veterinary Surgery
Atherstone, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
We are looking to welcome another Veterinary Surgeon into our expanding team. Here at Oakfield Veterinary Group, there is plenty of scope for clinical decision-making and independent case management, with friendly support available at all times from an experienced and efficient nursing and auxiliary team.
The salary for this role is up to £63,000 depending on experience, plus a welcome bonus of up to £5,000.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours across 4 days per week offering work/life balance. Saturdays are on a shared rota. There is no out-of-hours requirement. We would also welcome applicants who are looking for part time hours.
Our practice is based in Atherstone, in the county of Warwickshire, meaning we have a beautiful rural setting but also great access to the A5 and are only 4.5 miles from Staffordshire with close links to the M42. We are a long-standing practice with a small but fantastic team with a very loyal client base. By far the best part of our practice is our amazing team, we have 2 vets, 5 veterinary nurses and 2 receptionists. We are kitted out with fantastic facilities including 3 consult rooms, a theatre, digital X-ray facilities, a laser therapy unit, an ultrasound scanner and also a cardiac scanner.
We are a supportive team and work together to provide the very best service we can. We are happy to accept applications from less experienced candidates due to the fantastic support system we have in place.
This is a great opportunity to learn and grow with us!
Our ideal candidate will be organised, compassionate and have great communication skills. This would suit a confident vet who is looking for a new challenge within a busy and supportive team.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH7538 when you apply.
Address: Atherstone, Warwickshire, United Kingdom