Veterinary Surgeon Required At Ayrton Veterinary Hospital, Whitburn, West Lothian.
1 year ago
Up to £60,000 Negotiable DOE
Ayrton Veterinary Hospital
Bathgate, West Lothian, United Kingdom
Ayrton Veterinary Hospital, Bathgate are looking for a Vet Surgeon to join their busy team on a full or part time basis. Working on various caseloads from Orthopaedics, soft tissue, dental, consults, endoscopy, laparoscopy, radiology to general surgery.
Working up to 40 hours per week – (flexibility on this)
Across 3/4/5 days per week
1:4 Saturdays morning clinics (8:30am-1:00pm) followed by inpatient cover only - working alongside a nurse and CD back up if required when on call
Up to £60,000 negotiable D.O.E
Relocation allowance of up to £7,000
Welcome bonus of up to £2,000
Our practice is a beautifully light, purpose designed spacious building located between the cultural and historical cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh. We have a great team of 3 Veterinary Surgeons, 3 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 3 Animal Care Assistants, 3 receptionists and a Practice Manager.
We are a training practice where our Registered Veterinary nurses are fully utilised with Animal Care Assistant support. We are well equipped with Digital X-ray, the latest laboratory equipment and Sevoflurane & Humphrey ADE anaesthesia.
Must be a qualified Vet Surgeon and on the RCVS register. Previous experience working in a similar role is desirable, confident in sole charge and experience in a similar environment, further certification is encouraged and supported.
Applicants of any level of experience are welcome to apply as tailored support can be provided if required.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD leave
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Job reference BH2940
Address: Burnhouse Industrial Estate Whitburn, Bathgate, West Lothian, United Kingdom