Part-Time Veterinary Surgeon Required At Hillman Vets, Arboretum
2 months ago
up to £63,000 FTE depending on experience
Wasall, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Hillman Vets have an exciting opportunity for a part-time Veterinary Surgeon to join their hard-working team! You will carry out consultations and must be confident in routine surgeries such as spays, with the support of our fantastic team of Registered Veterinary Nurses who assist in all clinics. Our team have a wealth of experience in many different areas of veterinary care allowing us to keep most cases in-house and offer a wide range of surgeries including laparoscopic bitch spays and laser treatments.
This is a part-time role working 2/3 days per week, 9 am – 7 pm, with a 3-hour break in the afternoon. Saturdays are 1:6 between working 9 am – 3 pm and there is no out-of-hours. We are more than happy to tailor the working hours to suit the right candidate. The salary for this role is up to £63,000 FTE depending on experience.
Hillman Vets are a 6 branch practice based in the West Midlands, we have access to a wide range of local parks and nature reserves and are only a 20-minute train journey from central Birmingham and the bull ring. Recently, Birmingham was proud to host the Commonwealth Games which has left us with amazing facilities for sports.
Our practice is equipped with the usual toys including a digital x-ray machine, ultrasound, and laparoscopic equipment. Although we have 6 branches, we are all one, big amazing team! We have 9 FTE vets, 11 FTE Registered Veterinary Nurses and 13 support staff. Across the team, we have certificate holders in small animal surgery and diagnostics.
We feel our perfect candidate is a confident vet who is flexible and has experience in routine surgeries. You will be happy to manage your diary and work as part of a team.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Address: Wasall, West Midlands, United Kingdom