Surgical Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets, Bloxwich
up to £55,000 depending on experience.
White Cross Vets
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Our Bloxwich practice is currently experiencing an exciting period of growth and development, and as result, we have a fantastic new opportunity available for a surgical veterinary surgeon who is looking to take the next step in their career. This role would be suitable for someone who has a surgical bias and will be predominantly focused on leading and developing the clinical team, in this area.
What the team has to offer:
There may be the opportunity to progress this role in the future, therefore we would love to hear from veterinary surgeons who would be keen to develop a more advanced surgical service to the White Cross Group– although this isn’t a deal-breaker. Bloxwich is a flexible working practice and therefore we are keen to consider full time and part-time applicants, with a share of Saturday mornings (0830-1230 TOIL given for each weekend worked). Out of hours is provided by Vets Now. Our teamwork-life balance and wellbeing are always a top priority at White Cross Vets, so if this is of interest, we’d love to discuss the specifics further with you.
At White Cross Vets, we have 21 clinics across the UK. All our clinics have teams with different interests, with team members undergoing further training by certificates or having those that have achieved certification status. Being part of something bigger offers a fantastic level of support on a wider group level and allows us to grow and develop a higher quality first opinion pet care, whilst providing internal career progression opportunities.
The salary for this role is up to £55,000 depending on experience.
About our Team/Culture
One of the best parts of working at Bloxwich is the close-knit, enthusiastic team. We are all food lovers and have been known to demolish a tin of quality street within minutes. We love to bond over our shared love of food with regular meals out together, lunch and learns and snack-fuelled wellbeing afternoons. When not eating/laughing/working fabulously together – you’ll likely find us in an Alexa dance-off, practising our moves for the dancefloor at our upcoming, expenses paid, annual company get together/night away in Manchester!
About the Practice
Bloxwich is a growing practice with great facilities including 3 consult rooms, cat ward, dog ward, operating theatre, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound and access to endoscope if needed. Working alongside our wonderful nurse team, we have 4 vets (soon to be 5), 3 of whom have been qualified from 4-9 years, and 1 new graduate who joined us this year on our academy programme. We hold the ISFM silver award for cat care and the IVC Evidensia patient safety award.
Our veterinary team enjoy all aspects of general veterinary practice. Two of the team are currently partaking in certificates and our Clinic Director has a certificate in diagnostic imaging. High-quality clinical care is of utmost importance to the team. The clinical team work closely with the Wolverhampton practice and routinely have clinical meetings where cases are discussed. The team feel like a vet with a surgical bias, would complement their interests, offer support in this area, whilst providing the successful candidate with a career opportunity to progress and grow a more advanced surgical service, for which there is demand.
This vacancy has been released due to continued growth at Bloxwich and therefore the successful candidate must have the following skills/attributes:
- Experienced candidate; minimum 5 years’ experience
- Drive to work towards clinical excellence within first opinion practice
- Confidence in making strong clinical recommendations and being able to coach less experienced team members in making these
- Strong surgical experience, further certification preferential but not a necessity. Dependent on requirements certificate/further qualifications fully supported
- Confidence in supporting less experienced team members with surgical cases
- Leadership qualities to enable successful support of less experienced team members
- Quality; the desire to provide a high standard of veterinary medicine, to the pets under our care
- Integrity; working with the clinical team to drive the strong White Cross principles that the group adheres to, in an honest manner
- Responsibility; to the pets under our care, making strong and confident clinical recommendations with the support of the team and the White Cross group
- Growth; to be passionate in wanting to progress your clinical knowledge and skill development, which in turn contributes to the growth of the practice and the clinical team
- RCVS registered
Benefits (subject to pro-rata)
We have many stand out benefits available to us, as an example, our leave benefits are listed below (not just a generous annual leave allowance – paid donation days, wellbeing days, CPD days, peternity leave, birthday off, and more!). Did we mention work-life balance is top of our agenda?
· Increasing holiday based on length of service
· Five fully paid days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
· Focus on employee wellbeing with fully paid wellbeing days issued
· 5 days paid CPD leave with a £1500 CPD allowance per annum, alongside the opportunity for fully funded certificates.
· Up to four days PETernity leave, for when that new furry member joins your family
· Birthday day off
· Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
· Your pets can benefit from our Complete Wellness Plan too. Up to 3 pets are free on our wellness plan (free consults, vaccinations, flea, worm, and more)
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH4605 when applying for this role.
Address: 110 Leamore Lane, West Midlands, United Kingdom