Veterinary Surgeon Required At The Vet Clinic In West Midlands
up to £50,000 DOE
The Veterinary Clinic - Great Barr
West Midlands, United Kingdom
We have opportunities in our close-knit group of clinics in the West Midlands, close to Birmingham, host city of the Commonwealth Games 2022 & the surrounding countryside of Warwickshire/Staffordshire.
Our vets usually work Monday to Friday 9am – 2pm, then 4pm – 7pm when our out of hours provider takes over. Saturday mornings are based at our Great Barr clinic and are 1:4 at present but will lessen in the future. There are no out of hours duties associated with this role.
The salary for this role is £40,000-£50,000 DOE.
We are flexible in placing you in the right practice for you. Due to this we have incredible opportunities available at the locations below:
• Sutton Park
• West Bromwich
• Kings Heath
• Lazy Hill
• Great Barr
Please get in contact to find out more information about our individual branches and how we can help you to find a position that suits you!
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Provision of excellent standard of care to both pets and clients
· High standard of communication using verbal and written methods; using our PMS for patient records, prescriptions and lab reporting and full discussion with clients on patient progress, treatment options and costs
· Comply with legal obligations in line with prescribing/dispensing of medicines guidelines as well as working in accordance with the RCVS Code of Professional Conduct
Our close-knit group of PSS accredited clinics have been established both independently and as part of our larger group for well over 30 years and many staff are still with us.
Each of our clinics have designated nursing Branch Leads to allow you to concentrate on being a Vet although management opportunities are available.
Lab/surgical/dental facilities are standard within each branch, and we also have access to dental x-ray/ultrasonography/ophthalmic and orthopaedic kit across the group.
Team and Culture
We are an encouraging group who are happy to fund certificates and specific interests and firmly believe in further learning for everyone. We hold monthly vet meetings; a WhatsApp clinical discussion group and colleagues are only ever a phone call away. As well the Veterinary Surgeons in place, the branch teams include, but are not limited to, nursing Branch Leads, RVNs/SVNs/VCA’s and receptionists.
This job would suit a RCVS Veterinary Surgeon with previous experience ideally in a similar small animal practice setting. Patient welfare will be your first consideration and you will be able to perform imaging tests, laboratory tests and surgery, prescribe medicines and diagnose illness.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
· Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
· CPD paid days and allowance
· L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
· Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
· Private Medical Insurance
· BVA Membership paid
· VDS cover
· Birthday leave
· Discounted veterinary fees
· Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Service related company sick pay
· Sponsorship for overseas employees
· Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
· Relocation packages
· Career progression opportunities
· Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH4774 when you apply.
Address: 1236 Aldridge Road, West Midlands, United Kingdom