Veterinary Surgeon Required At The Vet Clinic, Kings Heath
The Veterinary Clinic, Kings Heath
Birmingham, West Midlands, United KingdomThe Role
We have an opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team full time here at The Veterinary Clinic Group. The role involves all aspects of GP veterinary duties - we provide a general GP vet service, have our own internal transfer clinics and our own out of hours clinic which now opens during the day, ensuring pets can receive 24/7/365 care.
Our teams are headed by nursing Branch Managers allowing you to concentrate on being a Vet. The position is sole charge, but support is available from our other TVC teams and we have an experienced and friendly nursing team.
• Experience and workload are commensurate with salary
• Accommodation is available
• 5 days per week (9:00am-2:00pm and 4:00pm-7:00pm)
• 1:2 Saturdays (9:00am-12:00noon)
• No out of hours
We are a service provider for a niche market of clients in Birmingham and the West Midlands.
We have an experienced team of support staff and enjoy the wider support of our TVC clinic teams.
As well as pets we believe in looking after our dedicated team and our wonderful clients too.
Learning and self-improvement are a huge part of what we are about. We are a small but busy, efficiently run clinic with support from our TVC branches.
This job would suit a RCVS Veterinary Surgeon with previous experience ideally in a similar small animal practice setting. The successful candidate will be a team player, enthusiastic and provide a high-quality care to pets and clients. You will make animal welfare your first consideration and be able to perform imaging tests, laboratory tests and surgery, prescribe medicines and diagnose illness.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
When applying for this role please quote job reference BH3094.
Address: 304 Vicarage Road Kings Heath, Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom