Veterinary Surgeon Required At The Veterinary Clinic, West Bromwich
The Veterinary Clinic, West Bromwich
West Bromwich, West Midlands, United KingdomThe Role
Fed up already of 2021 and fancy a change of scene?
Want the freedom to be a vet and concentrate on your medical and surgical cases?
We have amazing opportunities in our close-knit group of clinics in buzzy Birmingham, close to the city & the countryside for GP vets!
Our vets usually work 9.00am - 7.00pm with an hour's lunch break, therefore a weekly average of between 37 and 42 hours per week depending on the respective clinic.
We require cover 1 in 7 Saturday mornings 9.00am - midday which are based at our Great Barr clinic.
This clinic is sited in the same building as our out of hours clinic ensuring a seamless admission for patients for weekend care if needed.
Emergency patients admitted at our out of hours clinics are cared for by the Great Barr team during weekdays, so pets have care 24/7, 365.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provision of excellent standard of care to both pets and clients
• High standard of communication using verbal and written methods; using our PMS for patient records, prescriptions and lab reporting and full discussion with clients on patient progress, treatment options and costs
• Comply with legal obligations in line with prescribing/dispensing of medicines guidelines as well as working in accordance with the RCVS Code of Professional Conduct
Our close-knit group of clinics have been established both independently and as part of our larger group for well over 30 years and many of the staff are still with us. Our group is based in Birmingham and we have the benefit of working & living in the UK's second city with its shopping, restaurants and nightlife as well as the quieter suburbs which lead onto leafy countryside. Brum has excellent transport links to the rest of the UK and further across Europe from Birmingham airport.
We have experienced teams of support staff in each clinic including a designated nursing Branch Manager as well as Veterinary Nurses and Veterinary & Animal Care Assistants. We firmly believe in learning for everyone and have a nursing pathway for our support staff to follow. We hold monthly vet meetings and have a lively WhatsApp clinical discussion group and colleagues are only ever a phone call away.
Our clinics are registered on the Practice Standards Scheme and each clinic works as a standalone in terms of operating theatre, in house labs and patient care.
Sole charge/Branch lead clinic with consistent support from colleagues, including management and clinic teams. Current team includes but is not limited to, 1 Veterinary Surgeon, Branch lead who is also an RVN & CC, 1 part time RVN, 1 SVN, 1 VCA, 1 ACA & 1 lovely receptionist.
This job would suit a RCVS Veterinary Surgeon with previous experience ideally in a similar small animal practice setting. You will be able to undertake sole charge work where patient welfare will be your first consideration and you will be able to perform imaging tests, laboratory tests and surgery, prescribe medicines and diagnose illness.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH3605 when applying for this role.
Address: 130 Lodge Road, West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom