Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets In Wolverhampton, West Midlands
White Cross Vets
Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Due to an exciting period of growth, we are looking for a full time Veterinary Surgeon at our fantastic practice Wolverhampton. We are a busy small animal practice, with a mixture of surgery and consults each day. To be successful in this role, you must be happy with most aspects of general surgery, including dentals, and dental x-rays. The position is a 4 day week (8:30-7) with a share of Saturdays (8:30-12:30) - 40 hours in total as time is given back for Saturday hours. No OOH.
As one of the top employers in the UK, we offer candidates an excellent package with the opportunity to enjoy a superb work/life balance. Our Wolverhampton practice is well equipped with digital x-ray, in-house lab, separate cat and dog wards, BP monitor and ultrasound.
Our team of 3 Vets, 6 RVNs, 1 SVN, 1 VCA and 4 Client Care Coordinators have a diverse range of skills and interests. We are passionate about serving our community and do a lot of work with our local school children, to educate them on responsible pet ownership. We are SPVS Wellbeing Award Winners 2017 and 2018, Sunday Times Top 100 Company to Work for (6 years running!). As one of the top employers in the UK, we offer candidates an excellent package with the opportunity to enjoy a superb work/life balance. It's an excellent place to work, with a wonderful team who love working with us, reflected in them voting for us to win numerous wellbeing and employer awards.
We are looking for a highly motivated veterinary surgeon who can thrive in our high-quality practice. Confident and professional, you will be able to work with sole charge. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike.
• Preferably a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Small Animal practice
• RCVS registered
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
· 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
· Increasing holiday based on length of service
· Extra day of holiday on your birthday
· 5 days paid CPD leave
· £1500 CPD Allowance per annum
· Private health insurance
· VDS Membership paid
· BVA Membership paid
· Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
· Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
· Up to four days PETernity leave
· Contribution towards purchasing a Fitbit and weekly leader board challenges
· Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
· Practice social events
· Opportunity for career development
· L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/share parental and surrogacy pay
· Paid bereavement leave
· Service related company sick pay
· Social events
· Focus on employee wellbeing
· Relocation packages
· Career progression opportunities
· Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH3955 when applying for this role.
Address: 333A Penn Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom