Veterinary Surgeon Required At Crossways Vets, Storrington
1 month ago
Up to £63,000 DOE
Crossways Vets, Storrington
Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Full-time or Part-Time Veterinary Surgeon to work alongside and complement our existing dynamic team of vets, nurses & support staff. This will initially be on a 12-month fixed contract to cover maternity absence with the potential of moving to a permanent contract thereafter. We are looking for a candidate who will provide an outstanding client experience and help to create and maintain an efficient clinic. We are especially happy to accept candidates with an ambition to specialise in a certain interest as we expand the services we are able to offer as a practice.
The full-time shift pattern entails working 40 hours across 4 days per week plus a share in the Saturday morning rota approx. 2:6. Part-time hours are flexible and we will tailor these around the individual. Our main site opens 9 am – 6 pm and the branch sites 8:30 am – 6 pm. At weekends we are open on Saturday mornings only, between 8:30 am – 12 pm. Consulting sessions are varied within our opening hours with lots of flexibility possible. There is no Out of Hours work.
The salary for this role is up to £63,000 FTE depending on experience.
Looking to work in a friendly, progressive, small animal practice in an area of outstanding natural beauty, then look no further!
Based at the edge of the South Downs National Park on the south coast of England, a short distance from Brighton and yet within easy reach of London, Crossways has an excellent reputation for providing the highest quality personalised care for our clients and their pets. We are well established in the area and very lucky to have many loyal clients.
Facilities include laser, laparoscopy, ultrasound, dental X-ray, Digital X-ray, in-house laboratory equipment and full soft tissue and orthopaedic equipment, and stem cell regenerative medicine.
About the Team and Culture
You will be working as part of a team with 6 other Vets, 9 registered veterinary nurses, 1 student veterinary nurse, and 12 support staff.
We have vets with Certificates in Small Animal Medicine and one currently studying for a Surgical Certificate. Two of our nurses have Certificates in Emergency & Critical Care and Surgery.
We believe in being part of the communities we serve and support many local events.
We are looking for a motivated vet who can quickly fit alongside our friendly practice team as you work together to provide a quality experience for pet owners and their furry friends. As this role may involve some sole charge consulting, it is ideally suited to a vet with some experience, but that could be a confident recent graduate to a very experienced clinician. Our philosophy is it’s all about the right team fit, rather than having mastered certain procedures, as new skills can always be taught.
• RCVS registered
• Experience in a Small Animal practice
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 7.2 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1200 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7361.
Address: 43 School Hill, Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom