Veterinary Surgeon Required At Downland Vet Group In Chichester, West Sussex
2 months ago
Up to £65,000 DOE
Downland Veterinary Group, Chichester
Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom
We are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly Veterinary Surgeon who is focused on clinical excellence and teamwork. A 4-day working week plus 4/9 Saturday mornings, and occasionally Saturday afternoon. As part of a busy, experienced clinical team the work will be a combination of consulting and surgical first opinion work plus possible day duty shifts covering emergencies that present during the day. There is no OOH however you will do 1:9 weeks of in-patient care covering Monday to Friday evenings only.
Chichester is a beautiful, small city within West Sussex sandwiched between the stunning south coast and the South Downs. Fantastic outdoor activities are available and yet central London is only an hour away by train with great transport links to Europe. All of our surgeries are extensively equipped and we strive for clinical excellence. We have multiple nurse training centres and within our group, we have certificate holders in orthopaedics, surgery, medicine, cardiology and imaging. We also have vets with special interests in dermatology, oncology, ECC and dentistry making it an excellent learning environment.
The group is well embedded into the local area, having started in 1947. Across the group, we have 33 veterinary surgeons, a nursing team of 70 and a further 74 support staff. We are looking for a first opinion vet to join our progressive team, but will always consider further teammates with additional skills or those looking to develop specific areas.
We are looking for a progressive and friendly team member who has already obtained a degree of general clinical experience. A drive for clinical excellence, teamwork and clinic care are essential qualities.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata (10 days if studying)
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH6768.
Address: 2 Stirling Road, Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom