Senior Vet Required At Yorkshire Vets, Morley
Morley, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to be involved in the running of our busy first opinion branch surgery. The successful candidate will be involved in supporting new graduates, supervising nurse clinics and overseeing the day to day organisation of the branch.
· Five days a week plus 1 in 5 Saturday mornings
· One full weekend in five with time off in lieu
· 3 x 8.30 - 6.00 and 2 x 8.30 - 5.00 in an average week
· No out of hours
We are a busy first opinion small practice with our own hospital facilities and dedicated night service. Our experienced team, including several certificate holders can deal with a wide variety of both medical and surgical cases in house. We are close to Leeds, if it is city life that interests you, and close to the Yorkshire Dales for those with outdoor passions. We are also based only a few miles away from Leeds Bradford Airport. We have 22 Vets and 7 Veterinary Nurses. We have certificate holders in ECC, ophthalmology, surgery.
The preferred candidate will be an experienced small animal vet who is happy with all aspects of first opinion small animal work. It is essential that they have excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team. They must be happy with sole charge work and be able to support less experienced veterinary surgeons.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH4244 when applying for this role.
Address: Topcliffe Lane, Morley, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom