Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets - Eccleshill, Bradford
White Cross Vets, Eccleshill
Bradford, West Yorkshire, United KingdomThe Role
We are looking for an additional Veterinary Surgeon to join us at our Eccleshill practice. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing high quality clinical care to all pets, providing an outstanding client experience and help to create and maintain an efficient clinic. You will uphold and adhere to the White Cross Vets Principles both within the clinic and when representing White Cross Vets externally at all times.
The role involves a mixture of surgery and consults each day and minimal sole charge. Working week is over 4 days with a share of Saturdays and no OOH.
White Cross Vets are a growing group of practices within IVC Evidensia with a genuine focus on quality care for pets. With our dedication to supporting and rewarding team members, we are the only veterinary practice to receive a three-star rating in the 'Best Companies Accreditation' being declared 'An extraordinary company to work for' for 6 years running. We have also been named winners of the SPVS Wellbeing Award 2017 and 2018, which recognised our dedication to team member engagement and wellbeing. Not only is White Cross Vets the practice of choice for all pet owners, we are the employer of choice for the UK veterinary profession. Our Eccleshill practice is an excellent location close to Leeds Bradford Airport and train links into Leeds and Bradford. With a fantastic team and client base, this opportunity is not to be missed.
You’ll be working alongside 3 Veterinary Surgeons, 4 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 Student Nurse and 2 Client Care Coordinators in a role incorporating a mix of both consults and surgery.
As one of the top employers in the UK, we offer candidates an excellent package with the opportunity to enjoy a superb work/life balance. The working pattern is 40 hours/week, worked over 4 days from Monday to Friday, with a share of Saturday mornings, which you would receive time back for. It's an excellent place to work, with a super team who love working with us, reflected in them voting for us to win numerous wellbeing and employer awards
Further team member benefits enjoyed include:
• 6.6 weeks paid holiday including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1500 CPD Allowance per annum
• SimplyHeath Plan and Vitality Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• Extra day of holiday and a personalised gift on your birthday
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Practice social events
• Opportunity for career development
• Contribution towards a Fitbit and weekly challenges
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Enhanced parental leave pay
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
The Winning Candidate
We are looking for a highly motivated veterinary surgeon who can thrive in our high-quality practice. Confident and professional, you will be able to work with sole charge. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in UK / Small Animal practice
• RCVS registered
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH3502 when applying for this role.
Address: 266 Harrogate road Eccleshill, Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom