Veterinary Associate J160862
$140000.00 per Annum
Exciting opportunity for an aspiring Veterinary Associate looking to join a progressive and supportive hospital within a short walk to Downtown WS!
Prospect Health are proud to be working closely with one of the leading Veterinary Hospitals in Winson Salem, who due to continued success and growth within the local community, are looking for an additional Veterinary Associate to join their friendly and dedicated team. Situated in the heart of WS, a short walk from Old Salem (voted one of America's best downtowns!) but with excellent transport links, the location is perfect for those either living within the city or those commuting from further afield.
The hospital itself was built just 6 years ago and is a re-purposed factory which has been completely refurbished inside and out to the highest clinical standards. The previous factory floorplan lends itself to a bright and open plan layout and naturally large and spacious consult rooms (of which there are 15!). The 4 ops theatres are big enough for 3 or 4 doctors and a team of Veterinary technicians to carry out a range of procedures ranging from routine wound management to complex orthopaedic surgery. In addition, the hospital houses a separate imaging suite, excellent dental facilities, an in-house lab, a pharmacy, and a warm and welcoming reception/waiting area.
The right person for this role will ideally have a minimum of 2 years' experience as a Veterinary Associate, although less will be considered if you can demonstrate a desire to learn and can educate and gain the trust of pet owners in the local community. If successful in applying for this role, you'll work alongside an extremely friendly and sociable bunch of like-minded professionals, including 15 doctors and over 20 technicians and animal assistants. The existing team have a range of clinical interests and additional qualifications ranging from ophthalmology, dermatology, animal behaviour, soft tissue, and orthopaedic surgery and even an exotic animal specialist!
Aside from this being a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to progress their career within a supportive and experienced team, you'll also benefit from an industry leading package that rewards you in the way that we feel all veterinary professionals deserve. The working pattern and vacation package means your work/life balance will be better than it's ever been, giving you more time to enjoy the historic city of Winston Salem to its full. An exception salary and bonus structure will be on offer that recognises your previous experience, and you will also receive access to a range of company benefits ranging from Free Food Fridays to discounted health and well-being treatments.
If you are interested in this opportunity, simply apply below, or contact us for a confidential chat to find out more!
- Bright and modern Veterinary hospital a short walk from Downtown Winston Salem
- Established 6 years ago, the hospital is an old factory that has been fully refurbished inside an out to provide the highest clinical standards to the WS community
- state-of-the-art facilities including Digital and Dental X-ray, Ultrasound, ECG, Flexible and Rigid Endoscopes, Soft Tissue and Surgical tools, CT scanner and much more
- 15 spacious consult rooms, 4 large operating theatres, separate imaging suit and much more
- Friendly, supportive, and sociable team of 15 doctors with a range of interests, including ophthalmology, dermatology, animal behaviour, soft tissue, and orthopaedic surgery and even an exotic animal specialist
- Dedicated team of emergency Vets meaning no out of hours call-outs for day vets
- Full-time position (40hrs per week) but part-time can be considered
Package and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary
- Healthcare cover
- Life insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Continuing education allowance
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Will consider new graduates but ideally looking for 2 years minimum clinical experience
- An ideal candidate is outgoing and able to easily connect and communicate with patients and team members alike.
- Is passionate about providing high levels of clinical care in the exam room as well as the surgical suite.
- A Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) from an accredited university
- License in good standing to practice in North Carolina
What Happens Next?
Please click the 'Apply' button to find out more about this role. The consultant looking after this vacancy will contact you at a convenient time to share further details on about the opportunity.
All interaction will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission.
Tel: 01423 813453
Address: Winston-Salem, USA