Gilliyan Carter-Morgan Of Equi-Therapy UK Provides Feedback Following Six Years Of Applying DEEP OSCILLATION® Therapy For Equine
9 years agoGilliyan has been a principle user and promoter of DEEP OSCILLATION® Therapy with horses since 2007, when introduced to it by Julie Soroczyn of PhysioPod® UK Limited which featured as a news item on Vetclick. Gilliyan reports her findings and uses of DEEP OSCILLATION® therapy for equine:
25th July, 2013 15h23
- “Over the last 6 years, I have found more and more uses for the therapy within my practice, from general massage through to monitored post-operative rehabilitation.
- I have found that every horse is accepting of the therapy and the results quite remarkable. Using both the Sports & Power Card Programmes supplied with the unit, I have seen marked improvement sometimes with only one treatment.
- As the therapy is non-intrusive, non-heating and simple to apply, it is often a preferred application of treatment to therapies such as Ultrasound and Laser and in some cases, providing better results.
- There are various conditions in which I have used the therapy but it seems to work most effectively on equine tendon injuries, aiding the recovery time and therefore helping the horse back to full functional ability in a greatly reduced period of time (under permission and conjunction with the horse owners veterinarian). Combining this treatment with cold hydrotherapy shows the best responses and quicker return to functional activity
- I have also used the therapy very successfully with conditions such as Arthritis, Navicular, Sacroiliac problems and various Muscle Injuries. The therapy is easy to use and very effective"
- Somerset&#39;s Cave Veterinary Specialists invests £1.2m in class-leading MRI scanner
- Nettex Equine help horses perform, look and feel their best with new V.I.P range
- Systematic review does not support use of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors in dogs with preclinical myxomatous mitral disease and cardiomegaly
- SPILLERS fuels performance potential with new competition range
- Vet Aquadent® FR3SH™ Now Includes Innovative FR3SH™ Technology