Practice Manager - Birstall 24 HR
Watford, United Kingdom
I am looking for a professional, focussed and highly motivated individual to join our leadership team at Birstall.
You will need to be confident in leading a team and working on your own, able to think outside of the box and solve complex problems.
We are looking or someone with the ability to support the team and develop the practice, who is a strong but empathetic leader.
Line Manager for the Head Client care assistant, CCAs and other non-clinical staff. Undertake 1-1s, performance reviews, appraisals, mentoring etc of all staff under their line management.
·Host regular management meetings (weekly/monthly) including minute taking and ensuring all staff aware of actions.
· Overseeing the branch rota for the nursing and Admin Team.
· Manage holiday requests in house before colleague’s report on our rota software system to the DSA.
· Monitor and manage absence, including back to work meetings and dealing with absences hitting trigger points, as well as long term absence.
· Oversee new staff inductions, probation period reviews and informal 1:1s. · Ensure all CCAs have completed the BRVA bronze accreditation
· Responsible for achieving clinic targets for health care plan and client data capture · Dealing with non-clinical complaints
· Work with Lead Vet or Branch partner to ensure the clinic is performing profitability and meeting budget targets
· Work with the Lead Vet or Branch partner to ensure the clinic is health and safety compliant.
Skills and experience
· Previous knowledge of the veterinary industry desirable, but not essential
· Management experience of maximising performance of individuals and team
· Ability to communicate confidently with people at all levels
· Able to have difficult conversations, particularly HR or performance related
· Able to prioritise work load
· An excellent problem solver
·Managed a team of more than 5 colleagues
·Degree level or experienced manager of more than three years’ experience.
Address: Watford, United Kingdom