Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Ardene House Vet Practice, Kingswells Hospital
2 months ago
Up to £30,000 depending on experience
Ardene House Vet Practice
Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our amazing team here at Ardene House Vet Practice, Kingswells Hospital!
Here at Ardene, no two days will be the same, but some daily duties will include:
- Nursing day and hospitalised patients.
- Supporting our vets with surgical and non-surgical procedures.
- Carrying out diagnostic and dental x-rays.
- Carrying out Laboratory analysis
- Assisting with ultrasounds, CT scans and Endoscopy.
- Assisting with Laproscopic procedures.
We are an accredited training practice that support SVNs, VCAs and Vet students through their training. Clinical coach training or refreshers can be provided if interested in the role.
Shifts are varied throughout the week with a combination of early and late shifts. Early (07:30-15:30) and Late (11:30-19:30) kennel shifts, follow one another to maintain patient continuity.
08:00-16:00 shifts consist of a variety of theatre, prep and non-surgical operations.
10:00-18:00 shifts are nursing consult shifts with a variety of consults including puppy/kitten health checks, nail clips and anal glands, senior and diabetic clinics, POC, etc.
Salary for the role is up to £30,000 depending on experience + Relocation allowance up to £5,000 if required.
Ardene House is a large practice with a Small animal Hopisital and an Equine and Farm department.
Amongst the small animal department a variety of diagnostic equipment is available including a digital x-ray machine, CT scanner, endoscopy, ultrasound machine and a variety of diagnostic lab equipment.
We have separated kennel wards for Dogs, Cats and Exotics with an Isolation unit and Critical Care ward.
We have two operating theatres where we perform a variety of procedures including routine neuterings, laparoscopic procedures including spays. A range of orthopaedics including MMPs and fracture repairs.
We are on the outskirts of the city and have access to local shops within walking/driving distance.
About the Team and Culture
We currently have 12 vets between the 2 branches and 14 nurses and 2 VCAs, as well as current SVNs and VCAs in training.
We offer the opportunity to work alongside 3 different external Vet specialists including Craig Devine - Cardiologist, Marcel Kovalik - Dermatologist and Fergus Coutts- Pain Management.
We have internal specialists amongst our small animal department including 2 exotic vets who treat a variety of exotic species including Avians, Small mammals, Reptiles and Amphibians.
Opportunities for staff members to work outside the practice in promotion of the practice, local charity work including CPL and Mrs Murrays Cats and Dogs Home and School talks about the veterinary industry.
Qualified RVN's. Opportunities for newly qualified or SVNs who have passed their OSCES. You will be an enthusiastic, passionate, patient and a caring individual by treating all customers and animals as they where your own family.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 6.8 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Quote BH8407 when applying for this role.
Address: Skene Road, Kingswells, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom