Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Mintlaw Vet Surgery In Aberdeenshire
4 months ago
Up to £29,000 negotiable DOE
Mintlaw Vet Surgery
Mintlaw, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
Mintlaw Vets is looking for a full/part time registered veterinary nurse to join their team. The role entails a combination of surgical nursing, anaesthetic monitoring, radiography, inpatient care, in house lab work, nurse clinics and consultations. Our nurses are encouraged to pursue their passions such as an ISFM certificate and rabbit qualification. We believe in empowering and encouraging our nurses to utilise their nursing skills to be the nurse they trained to be.
Working up to 40 hours per week (part time hours also available)
Across 4 days per week
1:5 weekends (Saturday & Sunday morning clinics)
No on call or OOH
Up to £29,000 negotiable DOE
Relocation allowance of up to £5,000
Mintlaw Vets is unique in that we are a rural 100% small animal practice set in a developing village within Aberdeenshire’s beautiful countryside. Hills, forests, beaches and rocky coastline all within easy reach. We even have two RSPB sites only 20 minutes way. Local towns are Peterhead and Ellon with our nearest city, Aberdeen only 40 minutes away. We work in a modern, purpose-built, well-equipped surgery including digital x-ray, dental x-ray, k-laser, flexible endoscope, ultrasound and in-house lab.
Our team consists of five vets. We have a soft tissue surgery certificate holder with another vet working towards her small animal medicine certificate. We also have a vet who practices acupuncture. We have 6 RVNs, a trainee RVN, 2 VCA’s and a dedicated reception team and practice manager.
Must be RCVS registered veterinary nurse, confident in all aspects of nursing, further certification and CPD is funded and supported.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Relocation package up to £5000
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Quote BH7590 when applying for this role.
Address: Dunshillock Mintlaw AB42 4JN, Mintlaw, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom