Rotating RVN | Buckinghamshire (JT-23459)
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Rotating RVN to join a friendly and supportive team in Buckinghamshire.
This is a state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary specialist veterinary referral hospital, equipped with all the latest diagnostic and surgical equipment.
This role provides the opportunity to spend time in the prep area, one of three theatres, wards and our Imaging suite which includes a 16-slice CT scanner, 1.5 Tesla MRI machine, Fluoroscopy Machine, and separate Radiography and Ultrasound rooms. You will see a wide variety of emergency and routine caseloads.
Rotating RVNs are involved with cases ranging from orthopaedic and soft tissue surgical patients to neurological patients, as well as involvement with oncological investigations and on-on-one nursing of internal medicine patients.
- Nursing patients to a gold standard level in every discipline/ward on a rotation basis
- Monitoring patients who are undergoing diagnostic imaging, surgery and or rechecks
- Training to support the Imaging team with our CT and MRI
- Placing arterial lines, central lines and administering nerve blocks to the patients
- Monitoring patient anaesthesia and sedations, and recovering patients
- Admitting patients for procedures/treatments, ensuring all paperwork is completed and discharging patients back to owners
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable person who is a great team player but is also able to use their own initiative and self-motivate. Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working, are a must.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary up to £31,800
- Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Professional Memberships
If you are interested or would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] or call Joel Thompson on 0117 329 3900.
Gardner Llewelyn are a three-time award winning agency in 2015/16/17 and supply Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Nurses to the UK Veterinary profession on a temporary and permanent basis. We have been a carbon zero company since 2013 and pride ourselves on being an ethical and responsible company.
Tel: 0117 329 3900
Address: Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom