Head Veterinary Nurse (Roehampton)
Roehampton, United Kingdom
We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry. We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work. We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
We are looking for a Head Veterinary Nurse to join our Roehampton practice, this role would be suitable for a Registered Veterinary Nurse with previous experience working in a small animal practice is required.
The role will involve all aspects of nursing as well as the day-to-day running of the practice. This position provides you with the opportunity to develop nursing clinics and use your initiative to promote new ideas; more responsibilities will form part of this role with full support being provided by the nursing team. As a Head Veterinary Nurse you will be responsible for a variety of nursing duties as well as sharing best practice with your team and helping to support and develop the student nurses in your practice. All of our head nurses are provided with dedicated support from our head-office; here the stress of managing your rota, H&S, practice standards, marketing (and much more!) is taken care of, and while there are still admin duties involved in your role, this support will allow you to spend more time managing your team and doing what you love, nursing! If you don’t have 100% of the bullet points, please don’t let that deter you from applying as we will be interested in talking to you! Salary & Benefits Salary of up to £35000 ( Depending on experience) plus London weighting Generous CPD allowance and in-house CPD available Ongoing training is provided as relevant to your role RCVS and VDS fees paid as well as BVNA membership 5 weeks' paid annual leave A friendly, supportive environment within a rewarding role And much more! This role works to a 40 hour week with a mix of early and late shifts, 1:6 weekends with time back in lieu.
The suitable candidate should be comfortable with: - Nurse clinics - Nurse training / clinical coaching - Maintaining clinical standards
Skills and experience
RCVS registered, minimum 1 year qualified
- You must be a veterinary nurse who is registered with the RCVS.
- Ideally, you will have some leadership experience although training and support is provided to RVNs looking for a senior role
- Clinical coach/supervisor award preferred but not essential as training will be provided and funded
- At Roehampton Veterinary Clinic we see patients from across London, including Putney Heath and the surrounding areas of Wimbledon and Richmond Park. A proud team who make every day fun and create a learning environment with specialisms such as VVS and laparoscopy.
- The veterinary team have a range of experience levels and our Lead Vet ensures that everyone shares in exciting case load and experiences, which creates a winning culture and means we excel in any targets given to us. Our clients are like family and we are proud to boast a 5 star review rating and offer personalised service that has made our practice a legacy in the area for many years
- The lovely team at Roehampton are made up of 3 vets who all have a keen interest in surgery with one vet having a certificate in Surgery and Endoscopy and another vet working towards a certificate in ophthalmology. We also have 2 RVNS.
- Roehampton have a fantastic client base with many insured clients, the practice are doing multiple laparoscopic procedures on a daily basis and have amazing equipment including an ultrasound machine, digital Xray including dental xray, in-house haematology, biochemistry and urinalysis machines, rigid and flexible endoscopy.
- We have a great nursing team, including two RVNs, both of whom are doing schedule 3 training. We have a fantastic client base with lots of insured clients. We also have a new ultrasound machine, digital Xray including dental xray, in-house haematology, biochemistry and urinalysis machines, rigid and flexible endoscopy.
Address: Roehampton, United Kingdom