Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Milan Veterinary Clinic
10 months ago
up to £29,000 depending on experience
Milan Veterinary Clinic, Douglas
Douglas, Isle of Man, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly and supportive team here at Milan Veterinary Clinic, Douglas!
No two days will be the same but some of your day-to-day duties will include inpatient, surgical and medical nursing, nurse clinics with some reception and phone cover when required. Being on an Island, we see a wide and varied number of cases as referrals are not always an option. Can include tube feeding, dental descales and scrubbing in to help the vets with an extra pair of hands.
We can be flexible with the rota for example 4 long days or 5 shorter days per week, with some Saturday morning shifts between 8 am-12:30 pm (currently 1:6 but this could change!). Out of hours is one night per week and availability to come in when required through the covering weekend, with no phone duties. Vets are responsible for checking their own inpatients at night, so there are no night-time checks. Salary up to £29,000 depending on experience. Saturday mornings are TOIL in the week and other overtime can be TOIL or be paid at time and a half of the hourly rate.
We are a friendly busy well established mixed practice and have two other branch clinics and are PSS accredited. We have an in-house lab, ultrasound, digital x ray and well-equipped theatre. We are located in a residential area in the capital and are close to a large number of amenities. We have lots of local sporting and water activities in a scenic location. There are lots of walking trails and lots of which are dog friendly.
About the Team and Culture
We currently have 7 vets and 8 nurses with one SVN and a visiting ophthalmologist. We have a strong support team of 12. Candidate needs to be friendly and easy to get along with and have a good sense of humour. We support local charities where we can and recently took part in the great duck race!
Has to be a registered nurse with the RCVS and have experience with sole working for out of hours. Full driving licence would be an advantage.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH8697 when you apply.
Address: Douglas, Isle of Man, United Kingdom