Registered Veterinary Nurse – Ash Tree Vets
Ash Tree Vets
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Based across our RCVS accredited branches in Market Harborough, Kibworth, and Desborough.
We are looking to expand our fantastic nursing team.
At Ash Tree Vets you can expect a culture of inclusivity and diversity, where our wellbeing team is always looking for ways to enhance our practice and ensure a happy environment.
We’re passionate about what we do and the service we provide, and continually invest in our team and services to ensure the best care for our patients and clients.
That’s why we have high-tech, state-of-the art equipment at our premises and actively encourage our friendly and enthusiastic team to develop their knowledge by completing courses and pursuing further education opportunities.
We’re also proud to be a sustainable practice, with our Green Team dedicated to tackling our practice’s waste and efficiency.
We offer 38 hours per week on a rota basis, working from our multi-site, small animal practice. No emergency out-of-hours on call.
Part-time hours would be considered for the right applicant.
General duties to include:
- Assisting Vets as requested
- Theatre nursing, including preparation of patients for surgery, anaesthetic monitoring and assessing the patient pre- and post- surgery
- Taking blood samples and placing intravenous catheters
- Laboratory tasks such as blood analysis and other diagnostics
- Administering medications
- Providing advice to clients
- Handling and restraint of all species
- Dispense of medicines as appropriate
- Providing appropriate levels of care to all patients and alerting qualified members of the team when concerned
- Communication to the wider team on patient status
- Taking ownership of personal CPD requirement in-line with RCVS guidelines
- Reception duties.
What we offer:
- 6 weeks paid holiday including bank holidays (pro rata)
- £600 CPD Allowance per annum (pro rata)
- Health Shield - wide ranging contributions for health and wellbeing treatments - from dentistry to sports massage
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Perks – offers, discounts and cashback on shopping, travel, entertainment and much more
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Company sick pay
- Colleague engagement survey
- Annual pay reviews
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities.
To apply, please send your CV to Louise Hastings at [email protected] or through the apply now link.
Address: Northampton Road, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, United Kingdom