Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Milford Veterinary Hospital
1 month ago
Up to £33,000 DOE
Milford Veterinary Hospital
Milford, Surrey, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly team here at Milford Veterinary Hospital. The role will include general nursing duties, inpatient care, anaesthesia, and nurse clinics.
You will work 5 days a week with shifts varying from 7am start for an early shift with an 8pm finish for a late shift, plus shifts in between.
The shift patterns are allocated across the team to give equal amount of lates and earlies.
1 in 5 Saturdays, No OOH.
The salary for this role is up to £33,000 depending on experience.
We are a friendly RCVS accredited small animal hospital with our own Out of Hours service. We work to very high standards of patient care, with separate cat and dog wards, in-house laboratory, dental X-ray, and laparoscopic equipment.
The practice is based in a small town in Surrey in midst of countryside, with plenty of dog walking and links to Guildford/London via the A3.
You will be fully supported by our friendly and welcoming team of vets and nurses. Our current team consists of 9 veterinary surgeons plus a cardiologist, 4 RVNs 3 full time support plus additional support at the weekends.
We are part of the local community and work closely with a local wildlife charity.
We are looking for a qualified registered RVN with a good level of experience who would love to be part of a closely bonded hard working team in a busy clinical environment.
Must be a natural team player and happy to support colleagues at all levels.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH8738.
Address: 37 New Road, Milford, Surrey, United Kingdom