Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Vet On The Hill
1 month ago
Up to £32,000 DOE
Vet On The Hill
Caterham, Surrey, United Kingdom
We have a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our welcoming team at Vet on the hill. This is a Full or Part-Time position, and you will be working a mixture of shifts including theatre, kennels and assisting the consulting vets. We are flexible on the number of working days / hours, and this can be discussed depending on your preference. Saturdays are 1:5 with no OOH.
You will work closely with our great team of qualified nurses and vets to provide exceptional care to our patients.
The salary for this role is up to £32,000 DOE (Pro Rata)
Vet on the hill was established in 2014 and provides high-quality service and care to our clients. We are a thriving, modern, single site Small Animal practice in the lovely town of Caterham. We have close links to the M25, London, and the beautiful Surrey Hills on our doorstep.
Our practice is very well equipped with a digital x-ray, dental x-ray, endoscopy, multi-parameter GA monitors and digital tonometry and a brand-new state of the art ultrasound machine etc.
About the Team and Culture
We have an encouraging, supportive, and welcoming team here made up of 5 Vets, 6 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 3 Receptionists/Admin, and 1 nursing assistant. We have a real ethos of supporting and encouraging one another here at Vet on the hill.
Our fantastic team are at the heart of what we do, and we have an excellent team culture where vets, nurses and receptionists work closely together. Our team have participated in canoeing, Great British bake off and fancy-dress Halloween in the last year and encourage ideas for fun activities.
We are looking for a hardworking, enthusiastic, dedicated RVN who loves their job and enjoys teamwork and would like to grow and develop. We encourage CPD and are keen to support any specialities you may have.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7384.
Address: 17 Essendene Road, Caterham, Surrey, United Kingdom