Veterinary Surgeon Required At GKG Vets In Newbury, Berkshire
4 months ago
Up to £65,000 DOE
GKG Vets - Newbury
Newbury, Berkshire, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our amazing team here at GKG Vets on either a full time or part time basis. This is a first opinion, small animal role, where case continuity is encouraged. You will be working with an experienced clinical team with a supportive environment to discuss cases and workups.
If you are interested in joining us on a part-time basis, we are happy to be flexible and work together to find a rota that would work.
The role will involve a mix of consulting and surgery. We require an experienced, confident, enthusiastic vet, ideally with previous sole charge experience. We are keen to work up our cases as thoroughly as possible and have the support of experienced team of RVNs to help with this. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent service to our clients and their pets and take care of a varied caseload.
- Salary up to £65,000 DOE (FTE)
- £5,000 welcome bonus
- Up to to £5000 relocation assistance
We are a well-equipped small friendly practice who love learning and teaching, established for 62 years on our current site we really are part of the community. Sharing all our knowledge is something we love to do, your opinion and input matters to us. We live and breathe by our unique team approach, and we thrive with that ethos. Large numbers of our clients have been registered with us for many years and these long-term relationships are key to our success and always remain important to us, we truly believe in a cradle to grave relationship with our clients.
We are looking for a warm, friendly Veterinary Surgeon who would like to offer care that fits with our ethos. The successful candidate will be capable and confident in all routine surgery and medical cases. We are looking for someone with great communication skills - both with clients and the rest of the team. There is very much the opportunity to develop the role to suit you, we encourage CPD and for you to develop your own areas of interest. We will also consider new graduates.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7572.
Address: 43 St John's Road, Newbury, Berkshire, United Kingdom