Veterinary Surgeon Required At Ashcroft Veterinary Surgery
5 months ago
up to £66,000 FTE depending on experience, plus a £5000 relocation package
Ashcroft Veterinary Surgery
Cheshire, United Kingdom
At Ashcroft Veterinary Surgery we are looking for a sixth companion animal vet to join our team. A permanent role is available, but we’re also happy to offer a short-term position as maternity cover.
In either case, this could be a full-time role working four days per week with a 1 in 5 Saturday morning rota, or we are very happy to discuss part-time, job share or other flexible-working options. No OOH calls, equal rota for occasional late-checks on our own inpatients where appropriate.
Our large and supportive team are looking for a dynamic and like-minded vet who has a passion for patient care to take an equal share in clinical work, with room to favour their own interests and passions. We strongly support certificates and other post-grad development. Could this be right for you?
We are offering a salary up to £66,000 FTE depending on experience, plus a £5000 relocation package.
Our fantastic team of 5 vets, 8 nurses and 9 support staff work in a spacious single-site practice with all the usual toys including digital x-ray, new ultrasound, endoscopy, video otoscopy, multi-parameter patient monitoring, and a full lab. Our well-established practice is based in an attractive market town with fantastic surrounding areas to explore, and offering easy access to road, rail, and air links, as well as nearby cities.
This position would suit an experienced vet looking for a supportive team to settle into, but we are also happy to see less-experienced candidates looking for somewhere to develop. Surgical interest useful but not essential to complement our strong medical team.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH8064 when you apply.
Address: Cheshire, United Kingdom