Veterinary Surgeon Required At Boyce & Houston Vets
Up to £55,000 depending on experience.
Boyce & Houston Vets
Hardgate, Clydebank, United Kingdom
Here at Boyce and Houston Vets, we are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. We are a first opinion practice with a varied caseload. Your duties will include vaccinations, consultations, work-up of cases, making treatment plans, reporting lab results, radiography, ultrasonography and surgical procedures.
The rota will include working 40 hours over 4 days per week with at least one ops day per week. There will also be 1 in 4 Saturdays from 9:00am -12:00pm and no out of hours. Part-time applications will also be considered.
The salary will be up to £55,000 depending on experience.
Boyce and Houston are a well-established practice in Clydebank, which is nearby to both Loch Lomond and Glasgow. We moved into our refurbished practice in January 2019 which comprises of 4 consulting rooms, a nurse/training room, diagnostic imaging suite, separate dog and cat wards, prep area, 2 operating theatres and a comfortable staff room.
We are proud to have very low staff turnover and a very friendly and experienced team. Our Clinical Directors are supportive of our Vets, Nurses and Support Staff and understand the importance of everyone's role in the practice.
Currently we have 7 Veterinary Surgeons (3-full time and 4 part-time), 4 Registered Veterinary Nurses, an Animal Care Assistant, Practice Manager and 7 Receptionists. Two of our Nurses have certificates in Emergency and Critical Care.
The successful candidate must be qualified, and RCVS registered and it is essential that you have good communication skills. Ideally you will be experienced with both consulting, diagnostics and surgical procedures. We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to help us expand our service to our clients as some of our veterinary team are now part-time.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
• 5 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1200 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
• Relocation allowance up to £5000 pro rata
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Quote BH8667 when applying for this role.
Address: 13 Rockbank Place, Hardgate, Clydebank, United Kingdom