Large Animal Veterinary Surgeon Required At Castle Veterinary Group, Castlewellan
4 weeks ago
up to £45,000 FTE depending on experience.
Castle Vet Group
Belfast, County Down, United Kingdom
Castle Vets is looking for a large animal veterinary surgeon to join their friendly team working in the beautiful Mourne area of Co. Down. Friendly team looking for suitable candidates to improve work/life balance in a progressive large animal practice.
Experience favoured but not essential. Excellent practice to learn and expand clinical skills / knowledge. Our farm workload is approximately 30% dairy and 70% beef and sheep. Our beef work is a good mixture of pedigree and commercial herds, allowing us to see the full spectrum of the industry.
Excellent support system with good blend of youth and experience. Chance to appear in BBC’s much famed Mountain Vets.
Salary for the role is up to £45,000 FTE depending on experience. Welcome bonus of up to £3000 and a relocation bonus of up to £5000.
Our team of vets and nurses are based across our 2 modern purpose-built surgeries. The practice stretches across a fantastic scenic area from Strangford Lough up to Slieve Donard with a wide range of sports clubs, leisure centres, a horse-racecourse, golf courses etc. within the catchment. Our surgery facilities include all the usual: in-house labs, digital x-ray, ultrasound, ECG, endoscopy and full orthopaedic equipment.
Ideally we are looking for an experienced large animal vet surgeon but we can consider new graduates for this role as full support will be given. You must be RCVS registered and have a full UK driving licence as a company van is provided. Accommodation provided. CPD & further certification is supported.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave subject to pro-rata
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6014 when you apply.
Address: Castlewellan, Belfast, County Down, United Kingdom