Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon Required At Eden Veterinary Centre, Carlisle
up to £63,000 FTE depending on experience
Eden Veterinary Centre
Carlisle, Cumbria, United Kingdom
Eden Veterinary Centre is looking for a small animal veterinary surgeon to join their fantastic practice. This role is ideal for an enthusiastic individual who is looking to be part of a caring, fun and dedicated team, with the drive to give excellent client experience and high-quality care to our patients. This role can truly be tailored to you! We are happy to accept applications from both experienced vets and those who may be returning to the industry.
Our vets usually work 40 hours per week across 4/5 days, however, our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale of your work-life balance. We know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and we want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Many of our staff members already take advantage of our flexible working approach, we can accommodate full or part-time hours, whether you need to do the school run, have family commitments, or would like a more flexible rota pattern to fit around your lifestyle, we can fix or flex our patterns to suit you.
We offer a competitive salary for this role of up to £63,000 FTE depending on experience.
Our practice is located on the outskirts of the beautiful Lake District, Hadrian’s wall and borderlands, there is ample opportunity to enjoy our beautiful surroundings.
The team Eden & Border Vets have an inclusive, fun and supportive attitude. Our philosophy is to treat clients’ pets as if they are our own, ensuring our patients are as relaxed and comfortable as possible, making every vet visit a pleasant experience for both owner and animal.
Across both Eden & Border, we have a strong team of 8 Vets, supported by 4 registered veterinary nurses, 2 student veterinary nurses, 3 animal care assistants and a Practice Manager, a Farm Services Manager and a team of 6 highly skilled Receptionists. We currently have two vets working towards certificates. CPD and professional development are encouraged in all disciplines, we are also a nurse training practice.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH8689 when you apply.
Address: Carlisle, Cumbria, United Kingdom