Senior Veterinary Surgeon Required At Easipetcare, Derby
2 months ago
Up to £70,000 DOE
Derby, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon who is looking to further their career within the realms of leadership and management. Previous experience is desirable; however, this unique opportunity may also suit a Veterinary Surgeon looking to take their first steps into a senior role. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Practice Principal and contribute to the management, organisation and financial performance of the practice. You will also have a mix of consults and surgeries.
Fix or flex – work life balance that works for you -
We would welcome both full and part time applicants. Typically, this position is full time over 4/5 days per week, working a combination of early shifts (8am-4.30pm) and late shifts (11am – 7.30pm), with 1:3 Saturdays and no OOH! When you work a Saturday, you gain a day in lieu. Our people are at the heart of everything that we do, that’s why we know that work-life balance is vital in supporting our people to be their best selves. Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
• The salary for this role is up to £70,000 depending on experience
• Relocation Package up to £5,000
• Discretionary bonus scheme based on revenue generated
At easipetcare we pride ourselves on offering high quality vet care at prices affordable to all. easipetcare Derby is a well-established purpose built, 100% small animal practice, who offer a wide range of veterinary care at affordable prices to all.
The clinic has light, large and airy consult rooms, dedicated x-ray, and ultrasound room; 1 modern theatre and prep area; in house lab; dental machine and separate cattery and kennels. The practice is ideally located close to Derby town centre with free on-site parking.
About the Team and Culture
Our friendly team consists of 3 vets, 1 Head RVN, 2 RVN's, 2 ANA's, all supported by 6 superbly efficient receptionists. Our team are passionate about providing gold standard care to our clients and their pets. We have a strong ethos of teamwork and communication. Our highly experienced Practice Principal regularly provides rewards to our team with Costa Fridays and our monthly practice star award celebrates our employee’s achievements as we very much focus on our teams’ well-being.
Our ideal candidate would be confident and competent in most aspects of soft tissue surgery, whilst also being able to offer a basic appreciation for minor orthopaedic procedures.
We also hope that you have:
• A love for Pizza, Coffee & Cake!
• Champion of our core values
• Ability and willingness to share knowledge and mentor others
• Contribute to the practice protocols to facilitate the continuous improvement of clinical standards
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Approachable, caring, and empathic whilst instilling a positive “can do” attitude amongst fellow colleagues.
• Be passionate about all aspects of your veterinary work
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7666.
Address: Dovedale House London Road, Derby, Derbyshire, United Kingdom