Senior Veterinary Surgeon Required At The Charlesworth Veterinary Surgery
4 months ago
Up to £67,000 DOE
The Charlesworth Veterinary Surgery, Clay Cross
Clay Cross, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
The Charlesworth Veterinary Surgery are on the hunt for a Senior Veterinary Surgeon to join their fantastic team on a permanent basis.
What’s on offer?
- A salary of up to £67,000 depending on experience.
- Relocation support of £5000, they can provide temporary accommodation until you’re settled into the local area. This is a house that’s located near the Clay Cross site. We can also provide a flat above the surgery as well.
- Flexibility with hours, both full and part time applications will be supported.
- The opportunity to progress into a Clinical Director position.
Work life balance with real flex
We offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life. We can offer flexibility that actually works for you.
We are flexible on the hours depending on your preferences. A full time role would involve working 40 hours per week, we can offer either a 4 or 5 day week with 1:5 weekends. There’s no out of hours or on call required! We enjoy a very varied caseload, offering both medical and surgical cases. You’ll be working alongside our highly experienced and motivated team of 5 Vets, 10 RVNs, 2 ACA and a dedicated support team. We’d love to hear from someone with additional interests as well. Our Clinical Director has a GP Cert in Small Animal Medicine, and one of our vets is due to start their medical cert as well. We’re more than happy to support your development & growth by offering full support for certificate study! You’ll be working between our two sites (Clay Cross & South Normanton). As mentioned, this position has the option of transforming into a Clinical Director role later down the line.
The Charlesworth Veterinary Surgery is a two-site small animal practice in Derbyshire. Our larger branch is in Clay Cross, supported by our second base in South Normanton. We are well equipped with all the usual kit, including digital x-ray with signal pet capabilities, Endoscopy (flexible) ultrasound and a full in-house lab, with the addition of a k-laser to support our chronic pain services. We are a supportive practice and encourage regular case discussions. Case continuity is also very important to us. As a team we care to the best of our abilities for our patients, our clients and for each other. We’re an extremely social bunch! There’s always something going on outside of work. Recently we’re met up for staff picnics (weather permitting) as well as attending an escape room experience! We’re pride ourselves on team work, placing a heavy emphasis of supporting each other.
We are a dedicated, talented group of like-minded professionals – we are fortunate to have an excellent, efficient reception team and an exceptional, super-friendly nursing team who are hungry for knowledge and keen to achieve the highest standards of care - our emergency team are on sight so peace of mind for overnight care and a much improved work/life balance - we are all committed to developing and improving our practice and are determined to make it the best it can be. We would love to welcome another passionate, experienced vet to bring their own unique skills and ideals for a happy team dynamic and top notch client/patient care to join us on this journey.
We can offer the best of both worlds! The local area offers a good mix of vibrant urban life with city access to Nottingham and Sheffield, as well as a good links to some of the most picturesque countryside in the UK. We’re lucky enough to be located near the beautiful Lake District as well.
Here's what the team have to say about what life’s like at Charlesworth
“A workplace where all are encouraged, supported and appreciated. Feels much like a family!” – Jane, Clinical Director
You will be an RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon with competence in all routine medical and surgical procedures. Specific interests are welcomed and encouraged, so just let us know where your passions lie. The ability to work well within a team setting, and a high level of professionalism are required for this role, as is a high standard of clinical care. This role would suit an experienced Vet that’s looking to develop into a Clinical Director.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 5 weeks annual leave, including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7526.
Address: 55-59 Broadleys, Clay Cross, Derbyshire, United Kingdom